Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Naturally Cycle?  (Read 820 times)

Baby

Naturally Cycle?
« on: August 21, 2020, 08:12:21 PM »

Hi guys just a quick question. I read in a lot of posts about "your natural cycle" kicking in. Does this mean that if a person is on HRT but if they would have got their period naturally if they weren't the period will come anyway even if they are on HRT?

Baby

Re: Naturally Cycle?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 12:26:40 PM »

Bump

GetStuffedPeri

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 12:31:42 PM »

Hi - I have no personal experience of this but have asked Hurdity before and I believe she said that sequential HRT gives you "withdrawal" bleeds at the time when you would have had your natural period.  If you're still having semi regular periods and are on HRT then there's no real way of knowing whether your bleed is natural cycle or HRT related.  Hope this makes sense - Hurdity will correct me if I'm wrong!  Which HRT are you on?

Baby

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 05:12:42 PM »

I am in my second month of Elleste and am due to start utrogestan tonight. I just wanted to know if basically I would still have a natural bleed if I was still meant to as well as the bleed I have on the sequi HRT.   I had gone nine months without a natural period before I started HRT. If I hadn't started HRT and say I had a period after 6 months would I still get that period if I am HRT. Hope this makes sense.x

Nik2502

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 12:31:29 PM »

Hi
My natural cycle has started to kick in again despite being on HRT.
So the past few months I’ve had a withdrawal bleed and a period!
Doc says this can happen when the ovaries realise they’re dying and have a last lease of life! Just wish mine would die lol
X

Baby

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 05:41:34 PM »

Thanks Nik. This makes me think I have hit the menopause then as I had not had a period for 9 months then started HRT last September and have not had any natural bleed except withdrawal bleed.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 05:16:45 PM »

Yes! HRT does not necessarily suppress the natural cycle although very high does of oestrogen can, and also I think the Mirena coil can also suppress ovulation from what I recall I read.

Therefore yes - your natural cycle may well "kick in" sometimes, if you ovulate, and this may not tie in with the progestogen component of your HRT and your subsequent withdrawl bleed so you could bleed twice. This is only a real nuisance if your periods were still coming pretty frequently before starting HRT so that you get out of sync.

You could well have hit menopause Baby! You won't be able to say definitely though but that is a good guide.

Hurdity x