Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Estradot 25  (Read 735 times)

Julia Dizzy

Estradot 25
« on: August 18, 2020, 12:58:58 PM »

Hi,
I started on Estradot 25 yesterday after being on gel for 10 months. How amazingly small are they!! Am still on Utrogestan 100mg daily.

I'm feeling a bit spaced out like am drunk (which I'm not haha) also a bit weak and wobbly? (although this could do with the shock of my 92 year old Mum falling and fracturing her collarbone last week and is still in hospital - so am feeling stressed and upset anyway)

Anyone had any similar reactions when starting patches? I know its only 2 days and could be something else altogether....Or am I just weird ???

Hurdity

Re: Estradot 25
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 07:51:27 AM »

Hi Julia Dizzy

Sorry to hear about your mum - and no wonder you are feeling stressed, such a worry at that age.

You are bound to feel a little different when changing to a different type of HRT. What dose of gel were you taking and why did you change? Depending on absorption you maybe be experiencing a higher or lower dose of oestrogren but hopefully your body will adjust. 25 mcg patch is a very low dose.

Hopefully it will settle.

Hurdity x

Julia Dizzy

Re: Estradot 25
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 12:26:34 PM »

Thank you Hurdity you are very kind.
I was taking 2 pumps of gel and just thought I'd like to try a patch to see if it made any difference, as I haven't been feeling great but then again it could be something else like the stress and getting older!.

I wrote to Dr Currie because wondering if I was absorbing etc... I'd had a 2 month break from HRT and so she advised if I was to try a patch to go for the 25mcg at first and see how it went. After much faffing by my GP who wouldn't change it without consulting Meno clinic which took a month,(!), I finally got the patches after another telephone GP consultation. 
I know the 2 pump equivalent is the 50mcg patch? but will see how it goes.

I haven't had any skin irritation and it stayed stuck on in the shower. I must say its easier than rubbing the gel on every day! I wonder how that small thing can work how it does!
Thank you again
Julia xx