Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: continuous progesterone and bleeding  (Read 1093 times)

Kelrob12

continuous progesterone and bleeding
« on: August 12, 2020, 08:29:00 AM »

Hi everyone,

I am on continuous progesterone orally 100mg and 100mg oestrogen patch (no ovaries but a womb). I was on cyclic but found the smaller dose progesterone actually helps - sex drive and mood.
I have taken it continuously for say 2 months now. My question is about bleeding - I keep bleeding on and off, does it normally settle down? This might be stupid question - the bleed is the lining of the womb that increases due to oestrogen? so ones its shed why bleed? Is it a constant fight agains the oestrogen that increases then progesterone sheds? In which case will I bleed forever? I don't want to go back to cyclic really.

Thanks
Kelly

Taz2

Re: continuous progesterone and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 08:38:29 AM »

It can take up to six months for bleeding on a conti HRT to settle down. I gave up at 6 months and returned to a cycle as I couldn't handle the unpredictability of it but many women do find that the bleeding does stop within that time.

Taz x  :)

Kelrob12

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2020, 12:30:38 PM »

Thankyou,
Yeah its not great at the moment so I understand why you changed back. I think I might after 6 month if still happening as its like 2 weeks on 2 weeks off  ;D x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 01:13:40 PM »

At least it's consistent  ;D ;D

Taz x  :D