Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Reducing from full Evorel Conti patches to halves due to persistent bleeding  (Read 7745 times)

Katejo

well i stopped the patches for a month but VA was awful, so stuck them back on thought i was doing great as went from 6th Aug to end Oct no bleeding but now been on for two weeks!!!!!
  Have you tried half patches at all? My bleeding stopped for those 2 months. If I get more bleeding with full, I will go back to halves again.

robotwars

i havent tried half yet

Katejo

Hi Katejo, I was wondering how you were getting on. I have been bleeding for the last two weeks and its getting quite heavy and I'm generally feeling pretty rubbish (headachey, stomach problems and nausea so I don't know if my natural hormones are kicking in). I had a scan a few weeks ago and the lining was 4mm but they thought there may be a polyps but weren't sure without a hysteroscopy. I negotiated a wait and see appraoch given Covid and have a scan booked for 6 months. If things haven't improved I guess Ill have to have the hysteroscopy and biopsy under GA. I am a bit worried about the bleeding and am concerned I'll get anemic again. How were you symptom wise when you had the half patches?
  Hi Shropshirelass  Sorry for not replying more quickly. I did see your reply but was only on my phone (not ideal for a longer reply). Really sorry to hear about the heavy bleeding. Am i right in thinking that your periods hadn't yet stopped or had stopped very recently when you started the patches? I am a bit surprised that they have allowed  you to postpone any further hysteroscopy for 6 months. At the hospital which saw me, they insist that ALL bleeding must be investigated. Even though I had had a hysteroscopy in May and nothing had been found (scanty lining so no biopsy), the doctor started talking about the need for another hysteroscopy when I still had a tiny bit of bleeding during June to August. That is what made me try half patches again.

When I first started Evorel Conti, I was already 4-5 years post period so I knew it couldn't be natural menstruation.

Katejo

Hi Katejo, I was wondering how you were getting on. I have been bleeding for the last two weeks and its getting quite heavy and I'm generally feeling pretty rubbish (headachey, stomach problems and nausea so I don't know if my natural hormones are kicking in). I had a scan a few weeks ago and the lining was 4mm but they thought there may be a polyps but weren't sure without a hysteroscopy. I negotiated a wait and see appraoch given Covid and have a scan booked for 6 months. If things haven't improved I guess Ill have to have the hysteroscopy and biopsy under GA. I am a bit worried about the bleeding and am concerned I'll get anemic again. How were you symptom wise when you had the half patches?

Hi shropshire Lass    Here is a mini update. Just as I thought I was doing well (no bleeding since early October on full patches) I woke during  last night with a period like pain and , by the morning, had a tiny bit of bleeding. It had stopped by later in the morning.  i am hoping that it was just caused by me forgetting to apply the new patch on Sunday. I had taken the old one off in the morning but didn't apply the new one until the evening. Otherwise it would have continued for longer.  I have had a flare up of cystitis burning at the same time. I have just managed to persuade the nurse at my practice to give me a form for a urine test. If the symptoms don't clear in the next day or so, I will get a test done as a precaution but it is probably just the VA flaring up.
I have a follow up meno clinic appt. this month but, unfortunately phone call only.

shrosphirelass

HI Katejo, I think it probably is likely it was the delay in patch change. Ive found any gaps can be a trigger for me too. I think some people must be more sensitive to hormonal fluctuations than others, which produces bleeding. Just a theory. Ive had a week with no bleeding and feeling good but woke this morning with a pounding headache and stomach cramps and had spotting again. Feeling rubbish and bleeding seem to go together for me so I'm guessing its hormonal rather than a physical problem. Let me know how you get on with your appt, good luck with that and I hope the cystitis settles, its trully horrible.

Katejo

HI Katejo, I think it probably is likely it was the delay in patch change. Ive found any gaps can be a trigger for me too. I think some people must be more sensitive to hormonal fluctuations than others, which produces bleeding. Just a theory. Ive had a week with no bleeding and feeling good but woke this morning with a pounding headache and stomach cramps and had spotting again. Feeling rubbish and bleeding seem to go together for me so I'm guessing its hormonal rather than a physical problem. Let me know how you get on with your appt, good luck with that and I hope the cystitis settles, its trully horrible.

Hi Shropshirelass  Sorry to hear about the pounding headache and stomach cramps. My bleeding was minimal but I also got a period style  pain which still hadn't quite cleared yesterday. I also still had slight cystitis symptoms. I managed to get a urine test done but won't hear until next week. Eventually decided to take my back up/rescue supply of Trimethroprim. It expires this month anyway so I can't keep it any longer. Things are slightly better today so perhaps it is helping.

menomope

Hi Katejo
I have replied to your post on my thread via Shropshire lass. But just about your spotting and forgetting a patch.
My first slight spotting with conti ( before it became more of a problem) was when I forgot to change my patch. As soon as I remembered and stuck a new one on it went away.
Other bleeding issues have not been caused by forgetting patches. But I think you are right and some of us may be very sensitive even to very slight changes in hormones. This is leading me to speculate about absorption issues causing my bleeds and even where the patch is stuck on. Apparently hormones are absorbed better in some places more than others so if I have been switching sites too readily... who knows.
I hope your bleeding has stopped- it is very disconcerting isnt it? 

Katejo

Hi Katejo
I have replied to your post on my thread via Shropshire lass. But just about your spotting and forgetting a patch.
My first slight spotting with conti ( before it became more of a problem) was when I forgot to change my patch. As soon as I remembered and stuck a new one on it went away.
Other bleeding issues have not been caused by forgetting patches. But I think you are right and some of us may be very sensitive even to very slight changes in hormones. This is leading me to speculate about absorption issues causing my bleeds and even where the patch is stuck on. Apparently hormones are absorbed better in some places more than others so if I have been switching sites too readily... who knows.
  Yes I have attributed that bleed to a delayed application of the new patch. It was a tiny dribble and lasted only a few hours. Nothing since then. I haven't noticed any problems with absorption/position of patch.

Kelloggs

Hi Katejo
  Yes I have attributed that bleed to a delayed application of the new patch. It was a tiny dribble and lasted only a few hours. Nothing since then. I haven't noticed any problems with absorption/position of patch.

Hi, I know this is old, but how did you get on with half patch in the end? I’ve been bleeding on a full patch with mirena and extra progesterone.. wonder if I should cut mine in half?
Pages: 1 2 [3]