Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ovaries  (Read 1522 times)

charliegirl

Ovaries
« on: August 02, 2020, 06:01:10 PM »

Hi guys, I am 67 and had a hysterectomy 4 years ago but kept ovaries. Is it possible they are still working, as having some very hormonal symtoms?.😕

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ovaries
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 06:07:19 PM »

Yep.  Apparently.

:welcomemm:  Which symptoms have you noticed?

charliegirl

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 07:18:33 PM »

Hi, mainly tiredness, low blood sugar ie. feeling pre menstrual.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 08:26:07 AM »

When did you last have a full blood count?

Tiredness can be caused by thyroid problems and low blood sugar feelings: my worst symptoms : can be eased by eating every 3 hours, even in the night. It's every 3 hours, 24/7 ;-)

Tiredness can be caused by low VitD levels too.  Or hormonal upheaval.  Some find it useful to keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress.

charliegirl

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 02:10:02 PM »

Yes getting a few hot flushes as well. Had a full blood check last year, so might check with GP. Thanks for your help.xx

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 03:25:51 PM »

Let us know how you get on. 

I have specific slow release foods: porridge  :sick02:  ;D. prefer 'redy break' ; bananas; fried fruits and nuts; pancake mix ;-). 

charliegirl

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2020, 10:00:06 AM »

Hi am back CLKD, well blood test ok, but now having the most horrible low mood and having to sit with hot water bottle on tummy/back. I guess I will just have to ride it out. Can’t take HRT due to unstable blood pressure. 🙁😖

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2020, 11:05:34 AM »

Hi. Could you have a bladder infection? I just wondered as to the reason for your tummy pain. As we get older there is often no pain on urination to alert us to an ongoing infection. This can give back and tummy pain plus depressed feelings and tiredness.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

charliegirl

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2020, 02:03:36 PM »

Funny you should say that Taz2 , have had a bit of itching down there and had sex for first time in ages last week. Pain is certainly not going away. Will drink loads of water!

charliegirl

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2020, 02:35:14 PM »

PS although don’t think it would explain hot fushes/ wobbly blood sugar levels?x

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2020, 03:55:49 PM »

The hot flushes are symptoms of low oestrogen which you will have at the age of 67 if you are not on any HRT. Also the itching can be a sign of vaginal atrophy again associated with low oestrogen. I'm not sure what is causing the wobbly blood sugar levels. Have you had a fasting blood test to check how your blood sugar is?

If the pain is a new pain for you and is low down then it may be worth dropping a urine sample off at your surgery so they can just dip test it and see if there is infection present. Most surgeries offer this now to save appointments.

Taz x

charliegirl

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2020, 04:33:07 PM »

Thank you so much. The low blood sugar is something I used to get before a period back in the day. The  tummy/back pain is new, although I have had ita few times before, same thing. Will get a test done at docs asap. Thank you again.xx

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2020, 05:15:42 PM »

You're welcome.  :)

I didn't realise that you could have a UTI with no actual stinging pain either but I once ignored the symptoms you have and the infection travelled further up the urinary tract and I ended up with a kidney infection which took quite a while to shift so now I always take notice.

Let us know how you get on.

Taz x

charliegirl

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2020, 09:58:57 AM »

Hi again, rang GP and was told to go to chemist for an OTC drug. Just had a thought tho. I had a hyster about 3 years ago for womb endometriosis, but kept ovaries. Could this problem have now affected ovaries/bowel?

Kathleen

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2020, 11:26:35 AM »

Hello Charliegirl.

Unfortunately I can't help you with your latest query but a friend of mine developed hot flushes in her late sixties after her ovaries were removed. Her doctor told her that they normally continue to function until our seventies. It may be that your ovaries are now shutting up shop naturally or due to your previous surgery slowly reducing their blood supply as was the case with another member of this forum.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Take care.

K.
Pages: [1] 2