Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bleeding for 2 months so far...  (Read 864 times)

Brit66

Bleeding for 2 months so far...
« on: July 28, 2020, 08:37:39 AM »

Hello All,

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member. I'm English but currently living in Ireland. I'm 53,  definitely perimenopausal and experiencing mainly emotional symptoms, eg low mood, anxiety etc but also really quite nasty joint pain too.
I've always had regular periods but
I just posted about my constant bleeding for the past 2 months after 4 months with no periods. I am going to go for a hysteroscopy next month, and to have a mirena coil fitted,  and I really want to go onto HRT, but I'm wondering if I really need the procedure as it seems most people in this situation are just getting an U/S? I haven't been referred for one of those. I'm terrified of course that I have cancer, but also I have just been offered a place at uni to do psychiatric nursing and I have to have a health screening, so really don't want this bleeding screwing that up for me. I need this course! I am struggling with empty nest syndrome and self esteem and this career change is really giving me a focus in my life, hope that makes sense?
It would be great to hear from anyone else who is dealing with a similar thing, and I'm looking forward to reading member's posts.
Thanks!

Kathleen

Re: Bleeding for 2 months so far...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 09:23:01 AM »

Hello Brit66 and welcome to the forum.

If you have had a chance to read other posts on this site you will see that you are not alone with your meno symptoms. Everything you are experiencing is very common unfortunately.

Many of us have a uterine scan before our hysteroscopy so perhaps you are just being offered the gold star treatment straight away. Also if you have opted for a coil maybe it makes sense to have it all done  in one go.
Is the coil prescribed just to stop the bleeding because many ladies combine it with Oestrogen as part of their HRT regime.

I am not any sort of expert and I'm sure more knowledgeable ladies will be along to advise you.

Well done for changing career and although empty nest syndrome can be a sad time it gets better I promise you.

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

Brit66

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 12:39:36 PM »

Thanks for taking time to reply Kathleen, really appreciate it.
As much as I hate to know that this is a common issue, I admit it is comforting to know it too. I spoke to the pre-op nurse this morning and asked her about a scan and she said no, they generally just go ahead with the hysteroscopy, so I will take it as a blessing because as you say, it's the gold standard and at least I will know that everything is ok.
I had gone in for hrt in the middle of June and they said they'd have to investigate the bleeding first. I had been bleeding for a month then and just thought it was my erratic periods again. So the dr suggested having the coil placed at the same time, I'm going to go on the estrogen too, I've procrastinated and suffered for long enough :-\
Thanks, I hope this and pray that this course will ease the empty nest syndrome, I believe it will!

Jutee

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 01:01:47 PM »

Please don't worry I had a similar experience now may be periods have stopped.
The procedure is nothing to worry about and the relief you feel when everything is ok is great.🌝