Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Nausea question  (Read 1314 times)

Gabs

Nausea question
« on: July 23, 2020, 08:14:49 PM »

20 years ago I tried 4 different pills, all made me terribly sick, it was horrible. The 5th worked but hair started growing everywhere and still does, although I stopped the pill after 6 months. Now I wonder if when I start HRT, will this have the same effect on me. I know nobody can answer this. So my question is, is nausea happening often when on HRT. Browsing through the chat it did not look like it.

sheila99

Re: Nausea question
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 09:16:17 PM »

I don't think it follows that you will have problems with hrt because of your experience with the pill. I couldn't get on with the pill either but have been fine on  hrt. No problems with nausea though.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 03:06:24 PM »

I was nauseous before I went on HRT and initially when I changed patch I would feel nauseous for a couple of hours, but this settled after a few weeks. Now I feel nauseous from time to time but for me the HRT has general reduced it along with my other symptoms.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 03:20:30 PM »

I have a vomiting phobia so any hint of nausea  :o

Of course many of the leaflets in the boxes will state it as a possible side effect  ::).  I had to try 3 different Pills B4 one worked.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 05:12:31 PM »

:thankyou:

Gabs

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 08:50:21 PM »

Thank you very much for your answers, this sounds assuring. Starting slow is a good idea. Still waiting for my appointment, then I will start.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 12:13:12 PM »

In order to minimise side effects and because I was nervous / reluctant to start HRT I started on half a patch and increased after about 3 months to 3/4 and finally went on to a full patch after 6 months. My stomach issues improved dramatically when I was on the whole patch.