Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Need help with progesterone  (Read 890 times)

ValerieG

Need help with progesterone
« on: July 21, 2020, 03:19:04 PM »

Hello, I am new to the forum and need help. I am in perimenopause and was experiencing night sweats, muscle and joint pain, and VA. I started using compounded Estradiol cream and brought my levels up to 69.7pg/ml. My progesterone is 0.19ng/ml. I still have some minor VA symptoms, but all other issues are completely gone. The only problem is I can not get on progesterone (i have uterus). I have tried oral and sublingual Micronized Progesterone, starting with the very low dose of 25mg. Even at that low dose I get adrenal rashes (like I had too much coffee) and feel like somebody poisoned me; then after about 10 hours I become sedated, start cramping and peeing all the time. On top of that I have got IBS flare up oral progesterone. I have also tried progesterone cream and started with a little bit, something around 6mg of progesterone on my skin. The cream did not give me the adrenalin rush, but also gave me sedation, cramps, and peeing. I do not know what to do as I do not want to give up estrogen as it helps with all my health issues. I would really appreciate your advise.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Need help with progesterone
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 07:29:04 PM »

:welcomemm:

sorry that you haven't had a response all day  :-\

Maybe put the product name into the search box and see what pops up.  Many find that progesterone upsets them. 

IBS can be upset by hormones, 10 mins. B4 a bleed began I would get the runs, even if a period wasn't due. 

Do read our threads on vaginal atrophy - which is usually treated with a local HRT i.e. 'ovestin' or 'vagifem'. 

ValerieG

Re: Need help with progesterone
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 08:01:12 PM »

When I use local estrogen I get cramps and peeing as well.

Does anybody nows why such a little dose of progesterone cram could make me sedated?