Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bleeding on Evorel Conti  (Read 3356 times)

woohycn

Bleeding on Evorel Conti
« on: July 20, 2020, 11:06:30 AM »

Hey! I’ve been really worried because i started HRT a month ago and everything was fine but then a couple of days ago my patch hadn’t stuck properly after 2 hours so i took it off and stuck another one on and then the next day i started to bleed and after 3 days i’m still bleeding. Is this normal?? because i’m really scared. Also a couple of weeks ago one of my patches fell off within an hour and i also replaced that one which caused brown discharge but this time i’m getting a full on period and i’m really worried.

shrosphirelass

Re: Bleeding on Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 05:32:25 PM »

I changed to evorel conti 5 months ago and have had a lot of bleeding. I was told that intermittent bleeding is considered normal within the first 6 months so I shouldn't worry as it may be that your body needs to adjust to it. I did have further investigations, but only because I had 3 days of flooding that caused anemia. The light bleeding that had happened before this did not cause the drs any concerns.

woohycn

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 05:58:51 PM »

Okay, thank you so much for replying. I feel like this might have happened since i had the patch on for a few hours but then it fell off and then i put another on so i might’ve gotten an extra dosage because a couple of weeks ago the same situation caused brown discharge for a few days i don’t know. I just got scared since i hadn’t had a period for over 2 years and i’ve seen stories where people get their periods on HRT and they don’t stop. I really hope mine stops soon.

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 09:45:12 PM »

Okay, thank you so much for replying. I feel like this might have happened since i had the patch on for a few hours but then it fell off and then i put another on so i might’ve gotten an extra dosage because a couple of weeks ago the same situation caused brown discharge for a few days i don’t know. I just got scared since i hadn’t had a period for over 2 years and i’ve seen stories where people get their periods on HRT and they don’t stop. I really hope mine stops soon.
I was also told that bleeding was normal during the first 6 months. As soon as I reached that point, I was pushed into having a hysteroscopy even though the bleeding was light. I still have very light bleeding after nearly a year on full patches. The hysteroscopy found nothing wrong as I expected it would.

woohycn

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 10:54:28 PM »

Thank you for replying! That sounds so annoying, did they end up changing the type of HRT you take? I’m 17 and was recently diagnosed with premature ovarian insufficiency after not having my period for 2 years and i only just started Evorel conti patches last month and it got rid of all my symptoms and there was no bleeding and now there’s bleeding and i hate it so much. I really hope it stops soon because i’m not having a hysteroscopy and i’ll probably stop using the patches if the bleeding doesn’t stop. I was also wondering if getting an extra dosage can cause a bleed because i’m probably getting more when a patch falls off after 2 hours and when i have to replace it. This is the only time i have seemed to get a bleed so i think that’s the reason why it happened. I really hope it stops soon though because i really don’t want to have to go to the doctors ugh.

Sharon fegan

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 08:24:38 AM »

Hi I’m on evorel sequi and bleed for 24 days only been on it just over a month

woohycn

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 09:07:29 AM »

Really omg, that’s so much. I really hope i stop bleeding on evorel conti because i don’t want to have to use evorel sequi instead.

woohycn

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 03:08:25 PM »

So i bled for a week straight and then it stopped 2 weeks ago but now i’ve started bleeding again today and it’s stressing me out so much. I’m starting my third month of evorel conti now, do you think it’s normal to be bleeding?? It’s scaring me so much :(

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 03:18:58 PM »

I'm not sure. Checking online the usual treatment for premature ovarian insufficiency seems to be a sequi HRT. Were you given a reason as to why you have been prescribed conti?
Taz x

woohycn

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 03:37:36 PM »

Because i didn’t want to have periods and i hadn’t had mine in almost 2 years so they said i could go on evorel conti.

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 04:36:10 PM »

Maybe the consultant should have explained the bleeding problems this may cause for the first six months to stop you worrying about it. Bleeding on a conti HRT is very common while it settles down. If you can afford the £20 I feel that joining the Daisy Network would help you.

Taz x   :)

woohycn

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 05:08:24 PM »

All they told me that if i was bleedimg after 4-6 months then i would have to change to evorel sequi. And i think i might join soon because i checked it out and the closed facebook group and live sessions with medical experts seems really helpful:)

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2020, 06:21:06 PM »

Its quite easy for someone to say to you that if you are still bleeding in six months you can swap to sequi but I'm sure they don't really understand what it might be like coping with constant bleeding and period pain etc. especially at your young age.

I think that if you do join then you will get more specific advice tailored to POI and you can also still chat to us on here.

Taz x

woohycn

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2020, 11:14:46 PM »

Yeah ugh, i just want it to stop already :(

Also, do you know how much bleeding is considered normal for the first 6 months?

Would bleeding for a week and then stopping and starting again after over a week be considered normal?

This is just making me want to go back to not using HRT, if my bone’s wouldn’t weaken then i would deal with the symptoms and not use it but that’s not the case unfortunately.

I hate bleeding now that my ovaries have failed on me because there’s literally no point to it, you get me?
Like before it was to have kids (not that i wanted to have them anyway lol) but now it’s completely pointless and i despise it.

woohycn

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2020, 11:46:56 AM »

I’m literally about to go crazy guys ugh, so i bled for another week then it stopped for 6 days and now it’s back again.

I started bleeding purple blood yesterday and now i’m having a full on period again. The hospital isn’t calling me back and they don’t answer the phone, my gp doesn’t do anything and tells me to call the hospital. I don’t know what to do anymore.

I literally want to stop bleeding. I hate being on hrt as well, literally been so miserable ever since i started it. Life was so much better even with all the hair loss and hot flushes. I probably can’t even stop being on it since i’m 17 and i’ll get osteoporosis god i’m literally so sick of all this.
Pages: [1] 2