Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Switched from Patches to Femoston pills 1mg  (Read 941 times)

Deeva

• First Flush
Switched from Patches to Femoston pills 1mg
« on: July 14, 2020, 12:17:44 PM »

Hello,

I need some advice, I'm 41 and Peri-menopause, 3 months ago I was switched from Evorel Sequi patches to Femoston 1mg pills. It seemed to be okay except now, I have a gained an awful lot of weight (especially around the belly and waist, its not lockdown weight) and feel bloated from head to toe. I've also developed dry eczema patches all over my body and seem to get reoccurring UTI at the end of the Estrogen part (its like clock work) The doctor has suggested I try a higher dose as pills don't tend to absorb as much of the meds as patches. I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience from Femoston and if you have any advice?

I'm just concerned that if I get put on a higher dose that I'm going to gain even more weight, I'm eating a healthy diet. (always have done) I've cut out wheat, now dairy and i don't eat meat.

Its really getting me down as i'm active and exercise regularly.

Also, as of yesterday I've started drinking Soya milk again. On some articles I've read small amounts is okay on HRT. but on others its says it can have the opposite effect with long term use.

Thanks in advance
Dx

Deeva

• First Flush
Re: Switched from Patches to Femoston pills 1mg
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 04:29:11 PM »

My patch got discontinued, plus TBH the glue on the patch was starting to irritate my skin so didn't really mind the switch.

Deeva

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 05:46:06 PM »

Thank you!! :)

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 07:56:24 PM »

I have taken various femostons without problems, but I also use vagifem which helps with uti type symptoms too.

It does sound like you are not getting as much oestrogen through as you did with patches as oestrogen from tablets has to pass through your liver before it goes into your general bloodstream - I read on Mimms that Evorel patches are back.

Deeva

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 09:35:26 PM »

Thank you! I'm back on the patches now and everything seems to be working itself out.

Ladybird 2

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 09:30:10 PM »

Hi Ladies,
Also taking Femoston conti 1m also bloated & put on weight around belly very sore boobs & waiting eagerly for Femseven to come back which is apparently going to be in January :)
Soya milk drinker too & nearly every month UTI water very cloudy at the moment did not connect it with Femoston ::).
Found out from ultra sound that the horrendous periods I suffered were signs of endometriosis so if I take too much oestrogen in vagifem it does cause period pains even tho I don't have periods now at 58. Having got Osteoporosis at a young age 45 I really need HRT & Oestrogen but not absorbing very well when bloods tested by Gynae.
I didn't get on well with everol either Femoston is kinder progesterone but did get sore around patch area so hopefully new ones will be improved but I will just move them around regularly as they are safer than taking pill form.
Good luck with hopefully getting Femseven & improvement.
LB xx