Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Extremely informative video with Dr Sarah Ball all about VA & local oestrogen  (Read 3587 times)

Katejo

I did this Instagram live with Dr Sarah Ball today debunking many myths around the use of local oestrogen, & the 8 different types of medications available in the U.K. on the NHS for the treatment of VA & so much more.

She also said it counts as CPD points for GP training.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCbIJWiFIWx/?igshid=76hgr0j04c59
Thanks Mary Jane. I will watch it later today.

Katejo

Morning ive just watched this, v informative. I posted just yesterday about having cystitis again after really a 3 or 4 year haitus while using vagifem. Im wondering if its not now working so well for me even though i did the two week reload and then try and use every other night. Does the estriol you use come with an applicator?
I have recently had a similar experience.  I will add a bit more to this later when on my laptop.

My symptoms have been much better since starting Vagifem nearly 2 years ago and Evorel Conti patches just over a year ago. However I do get occasional bouts of cystitis. Usually this responds to treatment with bicarb of soda in water and Nurofen. However I have had it 3 times in the past 6 weeks, starting a couple of weeks after having a hysteroscopy. I am wondering whether I acquired a mild/low grade UTI during the procedure.Eventually, 2 days ago, I decided to take a 7 day course of Trimethroprim which i had as a backup. Things did start to improve quite quickly. I now need to wait and see if the cystitis comes back again after finishing the course.

Estriol does come with an applicator but I found it messy to use and it irritated me badly. Vagifem works much better.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 08:54:11 PM by Katejo »

Otter15

Can i ask how people get to it. I managed to get onto instagram but I can't see a video. The link just sends me to a picture of Maryjane. Do I need to follow?

Jenna

Can i ask how people get to it. I managed to get onto instagram but I can't see a video. The link just sends me to a picture of Maryjane. Do I need to follow?

You just click or tap the play button on the left at the bottom of Maryjane's picture.

Otter15

There's nothing on the left of the pcture.  I only have icons on the right for chat, like or send.😔

Joaniepat

Bumped for Jaylow.

Otter15

Hi Folklass. I actually went to instagram through Facebook. Will try again later. Hope I can get onto it, it'll be very useful.

Jenna

It still works for me from MJ's link at the beginning of the thread!

Otter15

Sorted it👍. It's my iPad, not working on that for some reason so managed to get it on my phone.

Thanks for your help. I'm such a technophobe!

CherrySG

Fantastic, thank you Mary Jane. Looking forward to next week's one  :)

Joaniepat

I did this Instagram live with Dr Sarah Ball today debunking many myths around the use of local oestrogen, & the 8 different types of medications available in the U.K. on the NHS for the treatment of VA & so much more.

She also said it counts as CPD points for GP training.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCbIJWiFIWx/?igshid=76hgr0j04c59
Bumped for TnToast

TnToast

Wow! That video was SO helpful. It should be compulsory in GP training!

Joaniepat

Wow! That video was SO helpful. It should be compulsory in GP training!
Yep, it absolutely should!  :)
JP x

Mulberry

Thanks maryjane for putting the link in your original message.

I’m sure there are a few of us that don’t use social media... me at least...that find we are a bit restricted sometimes for information that is only shared via social media routes.

I am aware of Facebook groups and things where people share a lot of info but I still refuse to use it 😂.

Thanks again for the link. Really useful.
Pages: 1 [2]