Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Cystitis yet again  (Read 993 times)

menowoman

Cystitis yet again
« on: July 09, 2020, 04:38:58 PM »

Hi. Im having ongoing problems with cystitis. Ive always been plagued by it but especially so since menopause.  Ive been taking vagifem for probably about 4 years. Its been helpful mostly but whenever i use anything other than  multigyn actigel       as a lube for sex i seem to get cystitis.  Last night we used durex play and i thought itfd be ok as water based and it made everything v comfortable, more so than its been for ages. However today ive got the telltale burning.   Has anyome else had experience of durex play and cystitis? Flipping fed up with all this

GypsyRoseLee

Re: Cystitis yet again
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 05:17:00 PM »

I used to be such a martyr to cystitis, until a locum GP gave me a tip. Always, always have a wee before sex and also straight after sex. The wee flushes out any bacteria lurking in the uretha, stopping them travelling up to your bladder and causing cystitis. Also, always wipe front to back whenever you go to the loo.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 06:01:38 PM »

Change from 'vagifem' to 'ovestin' as it seems that the former isn't enough to keep vaginal atrophy at bay.  In the mean time use the vagifem every night and some ladies require two applications into the vagina on the same night.  It really is a small amount of oestrogen - it may also be that you are sensitive to the fillers in the product.

Get some 'yes' and 'sylc' products and use regularly.  I used 'durex' and found it made the whole area really really sore and if affected my husband too  >:(

Sex = cystitis, known as the honeymoon condition.  Important to pee as suggested!

menowoman

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 04:37:30 PM »

So following my post above i took the antibiotics and cystitis seems to have gone. I called the gp surgery for some reserve ABs this week and had a helpful and amusing conversation with the nurse who called me back. I told her my problems and firstly she said to up the vagifem but they wouldnt be able to put any more on my prescription. She said shed speak to the head nurse and call back. Anyway theyve decided maybe the vagifem isnt working so well now (i tend to think that too) so ive now got a tube of Estriol cream to use every night until its gone and then a new tube to use twice a week. I was ecpecting ovestin but maybe this is similar and will try it. Interestingly she also said the best lube is ky jelly which surprised me so im going to try that too. Heres hoping!!!  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 05:07:18 PM »

KY Jelly works for me to keep the vagina moist and enables sex.
There are other products: "Yes" and 'sylc' - worth looking at their websites.

Vagifem doesn't stop working but some ladies need to use it every night and occasionally add 2 doses 1 night a week. 

Let us know how you get on!