Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Feeling really scared  (Read 1683 times)

shrosphirelass

Feeling really scared
« on: July 01, 2020, 07:09:15 PM »

The bleeding has continued and is getting worse, it is pouring out of me. I spoke to dr this morning and I have a blood test booked for tomorrow and a vaginal scan within 2 weeks and mefanic acid ( which I'm waiting for The chemist to sort, in the next couple of days). Can I wait that long, is it harmful losing this amount of blood?

jaypo

Re: Feeling really scared
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 07:30:46 PM »

Hi,I'm so sorry this is happening to you,before my hysterectomy, I was losing so much blood I became anaemic and had to go on ferrous sulphate,it was debilitating,I couldn't leave the house,then huge clots and I mean huge.
I'm sorry I don't know your history,have you had any tests at all?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 07:48:14 PM »

Thanks for repying Jaypo. Im just worried that I'm losing so much blood that it's dangerous. I changed to conti HRT 4 months ago and have had light bleeding for 5 weeks non stop but two days ago started bleeding heavily and its getting worse. Pours out when I go to the loo and some small clots. I had a scan in Jan which was fine, 4mm lining. Do you think that although it seems a lot its still ok, at least in the short term? Get me through the night level I mean

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 07:53:26 PM »

It always looks a lot when we feel it pouring out of us but we make blood quite quickly but if you start getting breathless or feeling faint then I'd go back to your dr,latterly I was bleeding  nearly all  month and the flooding was awful but mine was down to fibroids

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 08:41:43 PM »

Thank you Jaypo, sounds awful, but reassuring that hopefully I'm not about to keel over. I hope your hysterectomy sorted everything out and I'm hoping things settle for me and long term there's nothing too sinister.

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 08:54:50 PM »

Hysterectomy was the best thing I ever did,the relief of just not bleeding anymore was fab,hence why I really feel for you, I know how awful it is,if you had a scan in January then I'm sure if there was anything it would've shown up,good luck with the vaginal scan,remember and let me know how you get on x
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 07:45:36 AM by jaypo »

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 09:08:10 PM »

How often are you having to change your pads and tampons? Are you using the nighttime pads - I found them really good when I was going through similar. I would use two of them at a time - sounds daft - but one inside my knickers and then another stuck on the outside too. Gave me a waddling walk though! I found the mornings were the worst as, when laying down, the blood pools high in the vagina and escapes as soon as you stand up which can look very alarming but a little blood goes a very long way.

If you are experiencing clots then this is a good thing as it shows your clotting mechanism is working - my GP explained that a while ago now. Also if you can use Nurofen/Ibuprofen this has an ingredient which slows bleeding.

Taz x  :hug:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 06:25:12 AM »

Your GP is doing the investigations.  I would pass huge clots and occasionally flood most months but never became anaemic.  Blood mixed with water in the toilet pan also looks a lot ;-).

Make sure that you get out of bed and up from sitting slowly to stop any giddiness.

:hug:

PMDD

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 08:57:50 AM »

How are you this morning lovey? xx

shrosphirelass

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2020, 12:29:28 PM »

Thanks all. I made it through th night! I was so anxious yesterday. Fortunately It has calmed down this morning so only light bleeding now and a pounding headache.

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 03:13:02 PM »

That's good to hear. Did you have to change pads many times and did you make it to the bathroom without mishap once you stood up  :-\

Hope the headache eases soon.

Taz xx

shrosphirelass

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 04:27:33 PM »

I did make it to the bathroom Taz2 but was soaked through each time I stood up and it poured out of me when I went to the toilet, wouldn't seem to stop. Used night time ST's which needed changing constantly. Went on for a couple of days with the bed sheets needing changing. It started to ease off late last night and I managed to sleep a bit more. Woke with a pounding headache which I can't shift. I think it was probably caused by me being so stressed and panicy yesterday. The bleeding may be one of those things, but I will go for the scan to check and get the medication in case it happens again.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 08:51:12 PM »

I had to sleep on a bath towel for many months when periods were heavy  :-\ as well as wearing two pads at night ......

jaypo

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2020, 09:50:07 PM »

I was the same two night time pads and a super plus tampon AND a towel on the bed,nothing stopped it,really feel for you

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2020, 08:59:05 AM »

:hug:
Pages: [1] 2