Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Night sweats?? Is this normal?  (Read 1078 times)

WinterSnow

• First Flush
Night sweats?? Is this normal?
« on: June 30, 2020, 06:15:59 PM »

Hi all, my first post. I've tried looking for the answer to my Q all over the internet, but zero luck, so I'm hoping you lovely ladies can.help!

I wake up with wet PJs, underwear and sheets. Ok, night sweats - BUT I'm not aware of.being hot or having hot flushes that cause it.

I don't even wake up with sweat on my body - I don't wake up hot. Not cold. Just wet bedclothes and sheets.

I don't know what makes me wake - maybe I'm turning over and feel wet, so fully wake? Or that I need to pee?

Maybe I have an intense very short flush and miss it, only waking up as it's finished??? It's purely guessing.

Is this 'normal'??

FYI I turn 46 in a few months. Only other symptoms I'm aware of is I have periods of insomnia, waking up wide awake 3 or 4am; and more sensitive to feeling hot - i.e. having a coffee or walking around at work, feel hotter than I've felt on the past.

I have a Mirena in, so don't get periods - have had a number of Mirenas in for almost 20 years, no period in this time - so that doesn't tell me much as to where abouts in  this process I am

WinterSnow

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Night sweats?? Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 06:39:30 PM »

Hi!   :welcomemm:

I think sweats/flushes can happen any time ........

Coffee/caffiene can cause sweating too and some ladies find that they need to stop that, as well as alcohol . 

Some ladies find keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful to chart progress.

Browse round.  Make notes.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 06:41:38 PM »

It is possible to have a sweat through the night and not notice,I definitely do
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 07:42:17 AM by jaypo »

WinterSnow

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 06:43:35 AM »

So do you wake up with wet sheets / clothes as well? Without being aware of a hot flush?

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 07:44:19 AM »

Yes unfortunately as do lots of women,hence those that do,have to get up and change nightclothes,it's usually my chest, it's soaking,not that that I have a huge cleavage but that's where I'm drenched