Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: switching HRT again  (Read 976 times)

Vixter

• First Flush
switching HRT again
« on: June 25, 2020, 11:12:22 AM »

Hi All,.I posted in March as was switching from Ellest duo to Novofem due to the shortage.Here I am again switching to Kilofem as Novofem.Switching during lockdown hasnt been easy.Novofem left me feeling bloated, heavy breasts all the time,not sleeping, snappy and night sweats .The pain in my left breast in particular really frightened me when I first switched.
Im sure there are plenty of you who find Novofem is the one that works for you but it really isnt for me.Collected my new ones today still trying to work out when to start them,any advise would be welcomed.stay safe all.x

Taz2

Re: switching HRT again
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 02:09:57 PM »

Hi Vixter. In the patient information leaflet it says that if you are changing from a continuous HRT then you can start it on any day. It's only if you are changing from a sequential one that you would have to be careful with the timing.

"Take one tablet once a day, at about the same time each day. Take the tablet with a glass of water.

Take a tablet every day without stopping. After you have used all 28 tablets in a calendar pack, go straight to using the next pack.

For further information on the use of the calendar pack, see USER INSTRUCTIONS at the end of the package leaflet.

You may start treatment with Kliofem? on any convenient day. However, if you are switching from an HRT product when you have monthly bleeding, start your treatment straight after the bleeding has ended"

I hope this one works for you.

Taz x  :)

Vixter

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 05:53:33 PM »

Thanks Taz, after reading the user info for about the 10th time I agree with you. Thanks again. X

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 03:52:49 PM »

It does take a lot of reading to understand it!  ;D

Taz x