Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Has anyone tried Blissel for VA?  (Read 12889 times)

CherryC

Has anyone tried Blissel for VA?
« on: June 18, 2020, 10:38:10 AM »

Hi, I have recently been prescirbed Blissel instead of Vagifem and Ovestin. I was having reasonable success with these but still had some internal discomfort.  I have only been using the Blissel for a week so can't comment yet myself.  It's similar to Ovestin but in gel form.

Whatsupwiththis

Re: Has anyone tried Blissel for VA?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 02:03:22 PM »

Never heard of it.  Does it contain estrogen?  Is it a moisturizer? 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 02:14:05 PM »

It's an oestrogen - I looked it up.  Same idea: initial 3 week load ....... let us know how you get on?

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 02:23:13 PM »

Hi. It was mentioned on this thread a while back:
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45326.15.html

Possibly other threads too so you could to the home page of the forum and do a search. It appears that the usual products are better known so tend to get prescribed more often but sounds like it's worth a try?

Is it loose gel or in a caspule? If so does it tend to "slip" out? Do you apply it at night? Any details would  be very helpful to others.

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 02:29:10 PM »

Easy to find info on the web-site:

Administration:

Blissel has to be applied into the vagina using a dose-marked applicator, following carefully ?Instructions for use? included in the information leaflet, and below.

One applicator-dose (applicator filled to the mark) delivers a dose of 1 g vaginal gel containing 50 micrograms of estriol. The filled applicator should be inserted into the vagina and emptied, preferably in the evening.

To apply the gel, lie down, with knees bent and spread apart. Gently insert the open end of the applicator deep into the vagina and slowly push the plunger all the way down, as far as it will go to empty the gel into the vagina.

After use, pull the plunger out of the cannula and then, accordingly with the presentation, you may clean or reject the cannula as indicated in ?Instructions for use? included in the information leaflet.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 02:35:49 PM »

Keep us posted Cheryl.  It appears it is estroil versus estrodiol.  Still wondering how ladies are getting on with Intrarosa.  Lets hope more and more new products come out.

CherryC

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 04:29:18 PM »

It's a gel in a tube and you load a certain amount in the applicator as you would Ovestin. Once daily for 3 weeks and then every two or three days.  It does say preferably at night, but I use it in the morning as I use Utrogstan vaginally at night.  I'm not aware of it coming out.
Yes it's Oestrogen (Estriol) as someone mentioned below.  I'm not sure if it's the same strength as Ovestin or weaker or stronger.  My consultant suggested it as she said some ladies were getting on well with it.
I will let you know how I get on x

Tc

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 05:19:08 PM »

Please keep us posted with how its going cherry.

Just looked and the blissel leaflet says " 1 g vaginal gel contains 50 micrograms estriol"

Ovestin label.says "each gram of cream contains 1mg estriol" 

Dont know if that's any help. .   

Checking my label I notice it has some same ingredients but a few different ones so be interesting to see how you feel it compares.

I'm.quite surprised as i've just noticed for the first time ovestin contains glycerin. Unless I'm wrong doesnt glycerin draw water from and dehydrate skin?  Blissell contains glycerol which I think might be the same thing.

May I ask.cherry  Are you using the bissell  externally too?  If so how does it compare application wise to the cream?

I hope it's a success for you.

CherryC

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 06:59:23 PM »

Yes, I've used it externally also. It goes on very easily and feels good initially - I did just wonder if it all felt a bit dry later on (drier than usual).  It's early days though so I think I will need to give it a bit longer. x

Tc

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 07:01:29 PM »

Thanks x

Smolls

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2020, 09:12:22 AM »

Hi
I have used Blissel for two weeks , at night , seems to be working , less dryness and itching .... I did not know you could use externally , what's the benefit of this .... I?ll try anything at the moment as HRT , other than Blissel , is not working on my moods , heat etc X

Tc

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2020, 12:13:42 PM »

Hiya smolls forgive me if I've misunderstood your question but topical estrogen like bissell ; ovestin etc only work locally and are very weak so wont do anything for hot flushes, mood.  Your systemic HRT (your patches or gel) may need adjusting if you've been on it 3 months and it  isnt helping these other symptoms.   

Some of us use the topical stuff like ovestin and in this case blissell on the vulva as well as inside vagina. That's what we mean by externally.  Just rubbing or smoothing a small amount over the area inside the outer labia.  This area can be effected by VA and It can help if its  dry to put a bit of estrogen back into those tissues.  I dont know about anyone else but my doctor knows I do this and is fine with it.
X

« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 04:40:27 PM by Tc »

CherryC

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2020, 07:32:02 AM »

Sorry ladies, given up on the Blissel already, which is a shame.  Although taking it in the morning and the Utrogestan at night, the two don't seem to mix well together and some very strange gunk came out a few times. Not sure if it might have given me a bit of thrush also. Have returned to the Vagifem!
That's not to say others won't get on with it. x

Hurdity

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2020, 08:07:58 AM »

Sorry to hear that CherryC. I think it is often going to be a bit more difficult using a vaginal product when also taking utrogestan vaginally. I do find Vagifem is OK in this respect ie inserting it in the mornings aand utro at night but only beacsue I am on a cycle.

Hurdity x

Tc

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2020, 12:44:06 PM »

That's a shame cherry. Still, you dont know unless you try. So at least you tried it. Xx