Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Dr Currie  (Read 1258 times)

Smolls

Dr Currie
« on: June 15, 2020, 08:32:37 PM »

Hi Ladies

Has anyone used Dr Curries email service ? If so , do you recommend the service X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Dr Currie
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 08:13:14 AM »

Morning.  I think the idea is 1 question for which you pay?  So maybe decide which symptom you would like to ease, compose an e-mail and send?  Anything that we can help with?

Smolls

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 10:28:15 AM »

Hi CLKD

I am just wondering if I should be on the pill instead of HRT - it is giving me PMT like symptoms  >:( X

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 11:41:38 AM »

Premenstrual Syndrome - symptoms should stop once the period begins.  Sometimes though  >:(.

Did you decide?

Smolls

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 02:41:15 PM »

Hi

I am going to have a consultation with Dr and go from there X

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 03:44:27 PM »

Let us know how you get on.  Do take a list 2 the appt. to talk through so that you don't miss anything.

Smolls

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 10:40:04 AM »

Thanks CLKD , I have paid for the consultation, just waiting to hear back as to when she can fit me in X

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 05:20:21 PM »

Hi Smolls

There have definitely been other women on here who have had consultations with Dr Currie and I know you wanted to hear from these. Well I am one of them although it was in 2013!

She was brilliant. I took her letter to my GP and it did the trick (what I needed at the time). Although it is one question, this really means one issue and in practice you should frame your question or problem in a way that is easy to answer as one issue/problem. Well that's how I look at it anyway.

Set out your background to menopause, cycles etc, what your symptoms are, age etc, what you've tried, any health conditions which might impact on her answer and then ask the question. The more (brief though) information she has the better able she will be to assess your case.

There are certain contraceptive pills which are a bit like HRT but control the cycle in a way that HRT does not. One such is Qlaira that only has two tablet free days I think. This is sometimes recommneded in younger peri-menopausal women. I am always recommending it but there isn't much feedback from women who actually use it. I am hoping they do so well that they don't come back on here! One member Bryony was taking it ( maybe Briony) a few years ago so you could look for her posts maybe?

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

Hurdity x