Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bleeding  (Read 1373 times)

jaypo

Bleeding
« on: June 11, 2020, 07:52:34 PM »

Hi ladies,in a bit of a panic,just been for a wee and there was a small bit of bright red blood on the tissue, I don't think it was in my wee but inside the vagina,I had a hysterectomy 15 years ago and I'm not on HRT.
I've been using vagisan on and off as sex has been a bit uncomfortable,could the plastic thing you insert have caused an injury? But then why would I not have bled earlier? I inserted some last night,you'd think if I'd scratched or damaged myself I would have bled before this evening.Ive also been experiencing slight urine leakage,not much just a few drops,usually just after I've been to the loo, I stand up and go to leave the loo and a little drop kind of squeezes out.Any advice much appreciated  :-\
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 07:55:14 PM by jaypo »

Joaniepat

Re: Bleeding
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 08:09:36 PM »

Jaypo, these symptoms sound like VA. I think you need local oestrogen treatment. The vaginal lining will be fragile if you're not getting any oestrogen, so you may have damaged it with the plastic applicator, hence the slight bleeding. Post wee dribbling could also be down to VA. The whole area, vagina, vulva, bladder and pelvic floor needs oestrogen.

JP x

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 08:11:11 PM »

Hi joaniepat the last time I used the applicator was last night,so wouldn't I have bled before this evening?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 08:11:47 PM »

Get thy self some VA treatment  ;).   You've read the threads here? 

Not necessarily.  It may have been a small nick which showed on wiping. 

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 08:15:30 PM »

I have looked clkd but all the ones I could find were women on hrt who hadn't had a hysterectomy

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 02:48:16 PM »

Dr prescribed vagifem tablet 10mg estradiol,hopefully that's all I need,speak about a meltdown,dr said as I'd a hysterectomy Theres no worry obviously about cervical cancer etc, I need to calm myself down now,thank you ladies xxx

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 03:31:02 PM »

A 2 week load ?  every night ?  then see how much you require to keep symptoms eased?

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2020, 03:53:04 PM »

Yes,2 weeks one daily then two a week after that,was just a telephone consultation but I've to go for a internal in two weeks time,do you think my symptoms sound like VA?

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 04:56:10 PM »

Yep.  Has there been a show today when wiping?  Red blood is fresh/new ;-)

Why do you require an internal?  If there is no further bleeding, I wouldn't be keen ;-)

Foxylady

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2020, 05:04:20 PM »

Hope the vagifem helps Jaypo. x

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2020, 05:05:51 PM »

No more blood today but I was scared using the applicator in case I started it again.The dr wants to make sure there is nothing else going on,just being careful I suppose .
Thank you foxy,I'm just calming down now

Foxylady

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2020, 06:10:34 PM »

very thorough GP, reassuring I would think?! It's amazing how quickly our imaginations run away with us, as much as we try to be rational it never quite works that way. x

jaypo

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2020, 06:44:26 PM »

No foxy,NEVER in my case,it's ALWAYS worse case scenario  :-\

Meggymoo

• First Flush
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2020, 07:55:13 PM »

Hi , I am a new member and don't know how to send messages at the moment , don't even know how I got onto this !! I really need some advice about everol conti patches , had them for 3 months and for the last 6 weeks have been losing brownish discharge and then the last 2 days seem to be having a full blown period !!  Don't know if normal and will settle down . Would really appreciate some advice , Thankyou

Katejo

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2020, 03:21:08 AM »

Hi , I am a new member and don't know how to send messages at the moment , don't even know how I got onto this !! I really need some advice about everol conti patches , had them for 3 months and for the last 6 weeks have been losing brownish discharge and then the last 2 days seem to be having a full blown period !!  Don't know if normal and will settle down . Would really appreciate some advice , Thankyou
  Hi Meggymoo. Bleeding during the 1st 6 months of Evorel conti is perfectly normal. If it continues after 6 months,  doctors are likely to send you for a vaginal scan and possibly a hysteroscopy to check the thickness of the endometrial lining and for polyps or fibroids. I still have a little bleeding after 9 months on full patches.
Pages: [1] 2