Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lower Dose Progesterone Coil - Kyleena Fitting Today  (Read 2288 times)

Smurph

Re: Lower Dose Progesterone Coil - Kyleena Fitting Today
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2022, 03:31:36 PM »

Hi, I’m just wondering how you got on with Kyleena coil Blue Kingfisher? I hope it all worked out. I’m wondering whether to go down the coil route x

Blue Kingfisher

Re: Lower Dose Progesterone Coil - Kyleena Fitting Today
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2022, 08:19:00 AM »

:) Yes, this was 2 years ago It didn’t work for me unfortunately & after a few months I had it removed. I’m still on a journey (aren’t we all!) and recently finding I’m better on more Utrogestan conti than sequi. I think in hindsight the Kyleena dose was too low for me. I’m not sure if I was also reacting badly to the progestin rather than progesterone but I’ll never know unless I tried the Mirena.

For now I’m going to keep trialling the Utro & see how I go. Thank you for asking & just because the coil didn’t work for me, that’s absolutely no reason it wouldn’t work very well for someone else. My only advice, as I learnt this the hard way, is to be 100% sure you are progesterone intolerant or feeling much worse in the progesterone phase before you try a low progesterone approach. I felt ok when on the progesterone but terrible from day 8 of bleed onwards for about 2 weeks whilst my body adjusted to low progesterone. I interpreted this as progesterone withdrawal & must be very intolerant to it….when in hindsight, I think the unopposed oestrogen prevented my thyroid medication from working & I became severely hypothyroid at this time every month. Quite a journey  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]