Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Anyone used Sylk?  (Read 1272 times)

Superstar

Anyone used Sylk?
« on: May 26, 2020, 10:09:25 AM »

Has anyone used Sylk for vaginal dryness. Does it do what it says on the packet?
I am really suffering at the moment, I have just been put on vagifem and have done a week of it, but in the mean time I ordered some Sylk but haven't used it yet. There are lots of products out there, some say yes others say Sylk. Which one is better? I want to use it on the outside if my vagina where I get the burning.
Please can done one help me, I am desperate .

Joaniepat

Re: Anyone used Sylk?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 10:23:34 AM »

Hi Superstar, sorry you are suffering and I know exactly how you feel. Unfortunately there is no 'one size fits all' answer when it comes to moisturiser. Some like Sylk, some prefer Yes products, some like oil-based, others water-based. The only thing you can do is try it and see how you get on. It gets expensive sometimes! Just give it a try and see what happens.

You have only just started Vagifem and it can take a while for things to improve. You could also ask the GP for some Ovestin to use externally.

Best wishes,
JP x

Superstar

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 12:10:30 PM »

Thank you Joaniepat,
I will try both and see if it works.
Thank you fir your help
X

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 01:01:00 PM »

Hello again Superstar.

I replied to your other thread but thought I would mention that I also used  Sylk. It worked well but  the product contains  Parabens  which is not a good thing (unfortunately I can't remember why). I then switched to YesVM moisturiser and that has also worked well. Hope this helps.

Take care.

K.

Superstar

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 02:45:50 PM »

Hi Kathleen,
I've ordered the VM yes product, so hopefully that should arrive in the next couple of days and try it out.

Superstar x

Tinkerbell

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 04:07:08 PM »

I can't use Sylk it irritates and burns but others love it, i am fine with the Yes products though.