Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: estrogel and patch  (Read 570 times)

Sammiejane

estrogel and patch
« on: May 20, 2020, 09:50:10 PM »

hi ladies

estrogel is listed as helping moderate to server vaginal dryness burning etc does the patch do the same !

i?m not sure what is going on but since upping my gel to 2.5 pumps i have warm flushes at night i know the weather warm but this been happening when it's cold so will this settle as the body adjust

i seem to have ear infection and eye infection come on since upping estrogen too x

Tc

Re: estrogel and patch
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 09:54:25 PM »

Hiya sammie. I find flushes/sweats can temporarily  increase when I change anything even with increases in E. 

I would say get pharmasist to look at eye but my pharmasist has a notice saying they cannot examine or advise on eyes due to distancing.  Do you get hayfever?

SEU666

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 07:16:18 AM »

Hi Sammiejane

I found that I started with Vaginal problems about two years ago (aged 47, still in peri which started aged 39) even though I was on Estrodot patches 50mcg. I started with estriol Vaginal cream and was changed to Ovestin, which is much better.
Even now I don't think I've had my last period (have a Mirena for 3 years now) but I do notice that every so often the V dryness gets worse and I get tearful and I think this is possibly a period. I may get slight discharge and the odd cramp, so I think there is a natural drop in hormones coming into effect.

I take sea buckthorn oil capsules, one am and pm, and these seem to help with dry eyes and oddly V dryness as well. I've noticed when I stop taking them I feel the need to use the Ovestin most days, but with the capsules every three days mostly.

Hope this helps.
Xx

Sammiejane

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 12:19:36 PM »

hi ladies

with regards to my eye and ear infection i had the sane back in october and they told me to get eye drops for infected eyes so i shall get these from chemist .

i?m hoping the night sweats settle they not bad but find since being on hrt even just estrogen i get more armpit and groin sweating .

just wish i could use one that didn't cause bloody side effects

i started testosterone 2 days ago do you know if this helps sweating watery discharge ?

thank you