Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is a coil better that Utrogestan  (Read 578 times)

KarineT

Is a coil better that Utrogestan
« on: May 18, 2020, 04:17:45 PM »

Hello,

Does anyone know whether a coil is better that Utrogestan?  From what I could read here, Utrogestan can cause low mood and anxiety.  These are the very symptom I am trying to avoid if I embark on HRT.

Thanks

Karine

sheila99

Re: Is a coil better that Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 05:09:18 PM »

Unfortunately there is no way of knowing beforehand if any progestin will suit you or if you will be one of the few who have side effects. The only way to find out is to try them. It's worth remembering that people who post here are generally the few who have particular problems. Far more women are fine on the first hrt they try (or don't need it at all) so have no need to come here. The patient information leaflet will tell you how many have particular a particular symptom but it can't tell you if you'll be one. I'm not keen on mirena because I can't remove it myself but thousands of women are happy with it.

scrubdub

Re: Is a coil better that Utrogestan
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 08:45:03 PM »

Hi there
I've had a mirena fitted now for nearly a year now.  I was diagnosed with PMDD then perimenopause. I was on patches but due to shortage was swapped to Oestrogel.
I've noticed I still have down days and the occasional night of insomnia but overall compare to the beginning of last year I'm a whole lot better.
I'm still having periods but they are a lot lighter now I have the mirena. I like the fact I dont have to worry about it for the next 5 years and my Gynae wants me back in 5 years to replace it (I'll be 49 then). In fact Quite  a few of the female drs where I work have mirena so that made my decision for me. I like using the oestrogen gel better than the patches as I can increase the dose for a few days before I'm due on to 3 pumps then back down to 2 pumps when it comes. It seems to be working.