Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Estrogen dosage  (Read 1222 times)

Hillbilly

Estrogen dosage
« on: May 17, 2020, 09:07:23 AM »

Hi all. I'm still so confused about symptoms and adjusting doses so I was hoping I could get others experiences to try and compare?

I'm currently on Estrogel, and Utro for 10/12 days. I take 3 pumps of gel a day, 2 am and 1 pm.
However I still get symptoms and I'm not sure how to adjust the gel?
For example, I took my 2 pumps this morning and an hour or so later I'm getting palpitations and strong head pressure and I can hear the blood rushing in my ears. I'm not sure if the head pressure is a hot flush as I've never really had any of the usual like sweating, instead I just get palpitations and the breathlessness sort of rises to my head and it feels like my head is going to explode, along with hearing my heartbeat and blood rushing in my ears. My head does get hot though.

I always thought that hot flushes were a sign of not enough estrogen but wouldn't 3 pumps a day be quite high?

I was wondering if I should be adjusting my dose based on where I am in my cycle but if I can't recognise the symptoms of too much or not enough estrogen then it's not really possible.

Can anyone give their take based on what they've experienced?

Hurdity

Re: Estrogen dosage
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 06:02:52 PM »

Hi Hulahoop. I don't take gel but if it's not a hot flush could it be a consequence of sudden increase in oestrogen.? I don't know what this feels like but apparently some experience such symptoms if the dose is too high especially if you are getting this feeling shortly after applying the gel. WHy not try decreasing the dose slightly and see what happens but if you still get side effects possibly due to the gel then you could try an oestrogen patch which can be more consistent?

Also it's not a question of the dose on paper but how much you absorb although you need to be guided by how you feel.

Re where you are in your cycle, this is tricky once you start taking hRT and you won't really know where you are. You just have to continue with the regime unless it is way out of sync and then you can tweak it to align with your own cycle if you can?

Hurdity x

Hillbilly

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 07:25:55 PM »

Thanks Hurdity.

corianne

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 02:14:21 PM »

Thank you!! I am going through the same thing, so reassuring to know I am not alone (or going mad!) :)
I am having exactly the same symptoms after starting Estrogel 4 weeks ago (along with the Mirena IUD for Prog.) - I am on 3 pumps a day, (was 2 am and 1 pm)
Every time I use the gel about an hour after I start getting 'symptoms' - Palpitations, rush of blood to the head, my ears feel like they are underwater, and I get the jitters too and sometimes aches and pains (my left breast feels so tender after), even with only 1 pump.. I have now started to  take the 2 pumps at night so I am asleep when the worst symptoms start.
I *think* it may be too much for me, as I have also been bleeding (like a proper period) for the past week too, in line with my Usual cycle but a lot longer so wondering if too much Estrogen is causing this?.
The confusion for me is too much or too little Estrogen?? as both have similar symptoms.. ??? I am not sure what to do, but think I may drop the dose for a couple of weeks to see how that goes..
How are you getting on now?? hopefully more settled for you  :)
Cori
xx

Hi all. I'm still so confused about symptoms and adjusting doses so I was hoping I could get others experiences to try and compare?

I'm currently on Estrogel, and Utro for 10/12 days. I take 3 pumps of gel a day, 2 am and 1 pm.
However I still get symptoms and I'm not sure how to adjust the gel?
For example, I took my 2 pumps this morning and an hour or so later I'm getting palpitations and strong head pressure and I can hear the blood rushing in my ears. I'm not sure if the head pressure is a hot flush as I've never really had any of the usual like sweating, instead I just get palpitations and the breathlessness sort of rises to my head and it feels like my head is going to explode, along with hearing my heartbeat and blood rushing in my ears. My head does get hot though.

I always thought that hot flushes were a sign of not enough estrogen but wouldn't 3 pumps a day be quite high?

I was wondering if I should be adjusting my dose based on where I am in my cycle but if I can't recognise the symptoms of too much or not enough estrogen then it's not really possible.

Can anyone give their take based on what they've experienced?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 02:52:42 PM by corianne »