Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Weird stuff  (Read 1676 times)

Paz23

Weird stuff
« on: May 12, 2020, 04:48:36 PM »

Hi everyone, I've not been on here in a while but could go with a bit of reassurance. 
I was supposed to go and see the dr about my symptoms but then covid hit and my appointment was cancelled.
I've had various peri symptoms on and off for over a year now. My periods came back last year for about 8 months (Mirena coil stopped them and I had another fitted) and I experienced ovulation pain for the first time in my life, my gp said my symptoms were probably peri but far too early to talk about HRT (I was going back armed with nice guidelines before it was cancelled). Since November I've not had a proper period just a tiny bit of spotting now and again, but I've no idea whether it's my hormones or the Mirena I have fitted, as the first one I had stopped my periods too. I had about 5 night sweats last year all within a week where only my pelvic area is affected, then nothing since till last week when I had another one. I have a new symptom of itchiness, not all the time but it's definitely noticeable, and the skin in my legs has gone very dry too.
The symptom that freaks me out the most is painful armpits which is how it all started. For two weeks last year they were agony, I saw the dr who said she couldn't find anything to worry about and Ive had 3 lots of blood tests done by 3 different drs who all say it's come back fine. My armpits have never hurt as much as those two weeks but they ache from time to time. There's no swollen lymph glands by the way. I know there's breast tissue in your armpits but if it was that wouldn't my breasts hurt too? And they don't.
Has anyone else experienced this? I'm already suffering health anxiety and this is just one more thing to add to it!
Sorry this is a bit long. 😟

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Weird stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 05:42:37 PM »

Hi many health anxiety problems here.

There are a lot of glands under the arm pits which usually come up when the body is fighting infection.  Good if you can't find any.

There are a lot of nerves too.  If results have come back 'within normal limits' try not to worry.

Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary, some find it useful. 

Did you have similar pain during your menstruating years? 

It is never too early to discuss HRT!  I'm sure someone will be along with advice, but I would suggest that you ring your surgery and ask for a referral to a Menopause Clinic.

Paz23

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 05:54:09 PM »

Never had it before but I've never had normal periods/ovulation before either.

Booroo

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 07:47:13 AM »

I get bit sore under arm and then compare sizes to other side then start to panic.... I don't notice it all time but when I do 8 get obsessed bloody health anxiety x

DS68

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 10:09:09 PM »

I have pain in armpit, woke me up during the night.  Wish I hadn't googled it !!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 10:17:10 PM »

I have weird pains on the side I had breast disease but no lumps felt.  Probably due to either not doing much during the heat wave or doing too much weeding since.  It's not constant and I forget when it's not there  ::)

Uptick

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 02:02:40 PM »

Hi Paz23, have you gained weight? Armpit is one of the places where fat tissue seems to thrive during peri and menopause. Big boobs can also cause painful armpits.