Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Aaargh moods  (Read 1418 times)

KaraShannon

Aaargh moods
« on: May 09, 2020, 01:27:28 PM »

So, I'm having one of those days  :o ;D

Has anyone left their patches in the boot of their car and then realised they've been left there while it's a hot day?  I've just remembered mine, in the middle of hair washing, etc.....and I need to run out to get them, but they would have been there all yesterday too in warm weather. 

It says on the packets not to store above 25C.  I'm probably more bothered by this than I should be but I've had a bit of a rough ride for the last couple of weeks and it seems to be since the chemist gave me a generic set of patches because they didn't have Evorel Sequi (I was given Systen 50, anyone know this?)  I've not been feeling brilliant and thinking it might be because of that (or the vagifem as I said before but we think that's a red herring).  So now I've got my correct ones I've gone and left them in a hot car and they probably won't work properly.

Or am I over worrying.  Talk me down if necessary  ;D  Maybe it was that break of 2 days before I got given the generic ones that has made me feel rough, but I looked in the mirror again today and the crow's feet are back, like overnight.  They had actually gone.  I know it sounds silly, but that's where I'm at today. 

I did have one other thought (again talk me down if necessary) that the vagifem has lots of lovely oestrogen in it, so on the days that you don't have it, the body feels far worse than if it had adapted to never having it.  I hope that's not the case. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Aaargh moods
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 01:38:18 PM »

Appropriate VA treatment is very localised ;-)

KaraShannon

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 02:34:45 PM »

I know, it might just be the association, plus I'm moulting  ;D my hair has been falling out, but then it does tend to with the warmer weather.  Also with an underactive thyroid it happens so it's probably just that.

I'm sure in a week or two I'll feel better about the vagifem.  ::)

Joaniepat

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 03:32:51 PM »

The Vagifem only has a tiny amount of oestrogen. Hope that counts as talking you down!

JP x

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 06:05:21 PM »

It counts Joaniepat, thanks.   ;D

I've had my little moment now anyway, all fine now, lol  (but still happy to have people's views on it all)

Alicess

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 08:36:57 PM »

Systen is the same as Evorel, both made by Janssen Pharmaceutical.  Evorel is called Systen in Holland.

Alicess

KaraShannon

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 09:48:31 PM »

Systen is the same as Evorel, both made by Janssen Pharmaceutical.  Evorel is called Systen in Holland.

Alicess

Thanks Alicess.  It was the way the pharmacist (not my usual one and I was just glad to find a chemist that could supply) kept saying over and over on the phone that it was generic and would I mind.  When I said no she repeated 'Are you sure?'  and then at the end of the conversation 'like I say this is the generic version but if you're happy with that then we have it.'

But if it's exactly the same, then that helps me to eliminate that.  Maybe it was those 2 days that I missed that just threw everything out. 

bear

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 11:43:09 PM »

Alicess

Hi Alicess,

Systen, Evorel and other HRT patches have been acquired by Theramex since October 2019.

https://www.theramex.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Theramex-announces-the-acquisition-of-HRT-patch-assets-from-Janssen-Pharmaceutica-NV.pdf

BeaR.

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 08:07:11 AM »

Hi Karashannon

There are no generic patches (as far as I know), otherwise they wouldn't have a brand name I don't think.  The pharmacist is wrong. As Alicess says they are just different names given to the same product in different countries. This happens a lot  eg Oestrogel and Oestrodose and also other patches too.

If you have ongoing symptoms it won't be because of the different patches but I agree if they have been left in a very hot car, probably not the best idea but I would stil l use them or the other ones (Systen) you've been given. Just don't worry about it!

Also no change in any regime is going to cause crows feet to develop in two days  ;D . I hope you're over your moment and you are feeling better today! Enjoy the sunshine - what's left of it (still here in SW).

Hurdity x

Lyncola

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2020, 08:45:03 AM »

I don't worry about what temperature to keep medicine in, I'm from Queensland Australia.

And when they tell you to keep Vagifem (for example) under 25 degrees, we?ll that's a joke through summer we can get months were the minimum temperature doesn't drop much below 25 degrees.

I just try to keep it in what I think is the coolest part of the house, thank god for air conditioning  :D

KaraShannon

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 01:43:15 AM »

Also no change in any regime is going to cause crows feet to develop in two days  ;D . I hope you're over your moment and you are feeling better today! Enjoy the sunshine - what's left of it (still here in SW).

Hurdity x

I swear they come and go and right now they are back! ;D

KaraShannon

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2020, 01:44:38 AM »

I don't worry about what temperature to keep medicine in, I'm from Queensland Australia.

And when they tell you to keep Vagifem (for example) under 25 degrees, we?ll that's a joke through summer we can get months were the minimum temperature doesn't drop much below 25 degrees.

I just try to keep it in what I think is the coolest part of the house, thank god for air conditioning  :D

Thanks for that.  I was being much too stressy.   ;D