Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Constant bleeding  (Read 720 times)

Nik2502

Constant bleeding
« on: May 03, 2020, 12:54:41 PM »

Ladies

In need of some wise words!

I'm on Estelle Solo 80 plus 3 pumps of oestrogel a day (plus androfemme) - it is a high dose but have problems absorbing. I currently am waiting to have a mirena fitted which is delayed due to corona. In the meantime I'm supposed to use Provera every three months (under Dr Ball at Newson Health)

However I've bled constantly since December. I've had a TV scan and womb biopsy which came back fine.
Sometimes the bleed is like a full period other times it's minimal.
Is this normal? I'm 50 and have been menopausal since I was 34.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you
Nic x

Nettie3070

Re: Constant bleeding
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 01:21:23 PM »

What has Dr Ball said?

Nik2502

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 02:14:30 PM »

To put up with it until I get the mirena. She thinks my own hormones are kicking again before they finally die! I'm just worried as it has been four months now.

Lyncola

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 09:45:01 AM »

Four months seems a very long time to be bleeding.
My mother in law (this is going back 27 years) had 8 weeks off bleeding, they gave her hysterectomy.

I myself coming up to two years ago had a hysterectomy for heavy painful periods, ovarian cyst and endometriosis. I wanted to go the Mirena direction, but the gynaecologist recommended hysterectomy because my uterus was double the size and they found after the operation 7 times the weight it should be.

You could always get a second opinion, which I imagine it's not a easy thing to do in the UK at the moment. I'm from Australia, so it's not a problem seeing my doctor.

I hope all goes well and the bleeding stops
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 10:11:15 AM by Lyncola »

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 03:06:27 PM »

I assume she knows what she's doing but progesterone once every 3 months seems too little to me. There's talk of the health service starting normal services again so hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer for your mirena.