Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anyone else feeling shattered all the time?  (Read 2015 times)

Focus

Anyone else feeling shattered all the time?
« on: April 17, 2020, 12:02:34 PM »

Things seem to have settled into a routine of sorts with me: not being able to do anything much apart from look after myself, make some nice healthy food for myself, do some very basic housework, and go for my 5k run every night.

My time my run is absolutely awful by the way, and it's an absolute struggle. But I'm putting that down to taking beta blockers and diazepam at the moment.

I'm not managing to do any creative work at all.

One of the things I can't seem to get over is that I'm absolutely shattered all the time. I'm used to having insomnia, so I know how to function on very little sleep. So I wake up after 4 hours sleep, usually about 3.00 or 4.00am and maybe manage to get back to sleep for another hour about 7.00 or 8.00am.

I get to early afternoon and absolutely nothing will keep me awake. It's like I have no motivation at all, and my body just turns to jelly. I have to sleep for 2 hours.

I feel like someone has drained the life force from me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anyone else feeling shattered all the time?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 12:32:44 PM »

Yep.  I am dreaming a lot more.  Very busy, long, involved dreams leave me knackered with a background headache which takes all day to resolve.

I would add VitB capsules to your medication - 3 Summers ago I would do 20 mins. weeding then have to sit absolutely still for 2 hours.  I simply couldn't move.  Blood test showed low levels and capsules really made a difference.  I may begin them again, as although I have been out in the sunshine I wonder if my headache is due to low levels.  The way to find out is to restart the capsules?

Little steps.

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 05:36:29 PM »

How far is 5K  :-\

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 05:53:21 PM »

A long way!  ;D

I'm tired all the time, but I put it down to compromised breathing, due to pollen. I suppose my lungs are having to work harder. However I'm not experiencing the overwhelming exhaustion that I've had in the past, so I can get stuff done. I've never been a list person, but have started now, ticking off those jobs I never normally get round to as well as normal day to day chores. I haven't had to have a PJ day for sometime. I get a feeling of satisfaction of completing jobs by the end of the day and tomorrow's another day if I don't get round to something. I make sure I talk to family every day and keep in contact with friends. It gives a structure to the day.And I sing!

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 06:00:14 PM »

I did suggest to DH that we should begin singing lessons the look on his face was a picture  ;D

I need to learn to breath correctly  :-\ as that makes me feel tired.  Also if I don't go for a walk I feel sluggish .......

Focus

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 06:09:50 PM »

I have PTSD so feeling some level of anxiety every day is normal for me. It's when it gets overwhelming that I feel like I just shut down.

I had my thyroid checked when I had the ferritin check as well, and that came back as normal (ferritin not normal though).

5k is only about 3 miles in old money. Half an hour's jog, that's all.

Thing is, I'm used to either running every day or going to the gym every day. I can feel I'm missing my weights - I can feel it everywhere in my body. If I'm running on the treadmill at the gym it's 45 minutes. It's great, I can just totally zone out as I'm doing it and I find that really relaxing (for my mind anyway).

Maybe sleeping is a way of zoning out? I really need that non-being time. I find a lot of life quite full on, you know, colours, sounds, people, feelings...it can feel like overload a lot of the time.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 06:14:15 PM »

3 miles  :o  ;D ........

That's what my emergency anxiety drug does: gives me a complete zoning out time ;-)

Focus

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 07:29:36 PM »

What are you on?

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2020, 07:40:57 PM »

Begins with a L but don't have the drug to hand  ::) I take it as soon as anxiety hits, it either knocks me out or gives me relief after about 25-40 mins..  I haven't needed one for 18 months  :-\  :-X

Loresipam ? sp
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 08:50:31 PM by CLKD »

Ju Ju

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2020, 08:23:17 PM »

Stress tires you out. We are all stressed, even if not normally. My DH is relaxed normally, but I looked at him today and he really looks tired and older. I won't tell him the older bit though! So if you are already stressed, depressed or whatever, then no wonder you get tired.