Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Chest irritation  (Read 1572 times)

Donnadoobie

Chest irritation
« on: April 14, 2020, 08:37:16 AM »

Morning everyone

I have another health concern, the latest among many  ::)

Has anyone else had a feeling in their chest like an irritation, like you would have with a cough but you don't cough.  I still have a phlegmy throat and have started the nasal spray again, as I have been a bit sniffy, throat clearing

Taking omeprazole does not seem to make this better, so not sure it is a gut issue.

Phlegmy throat and throat clearing does seem to be menopausal from reading here but has any else had this chest feeling?  Could it be anxiety related?  Because obviously my anxiety has gone to focussing in my chest due to the current situation.  I notice that try to take deep breaths a lot, so my breathing is not normal at the moment but I know that is anxiety related.  And my throat issues returned last night,  Not as bad but there.

I am so fed up with this, I cannot seem to shake this anxiety off, as hard as I try.

Don't want to bother the doctors with silly stuff at the moment.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Chest irritation
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 08:48:43 AM »

Morning.   Nowt is silly if it bothers you.

Can you sing?

Donnadoobie

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 08:56:57 AM »

Hi CLKD

I can sing, does that make a difference?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 09:00:34 AM »

My singing teacher told me when I was 8 that not many people breath correctly, we are all lazy in not filling the lungs completely  ;) so we were given exercises to slowly fill and let go of each breath.  I also played musical instruments so had to breath as well as in the choir.

Get into that shower Girl and sing  ;) as your lungs will get a proper workout.  ? photos ?  ;)

Jeepers

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 10:12:40 AM »

Hi Donnadoobie

Yes, I had this quite recently, I had a post nasal drip for a while, and that strange chesty feeling came with it, as well as an irritated throat.

I too am hypersensitive to body sensations, and anxiety causes this. 

I hope you feel better soon

Jeepers xx

Donnadoobie

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 10:15:40 AM »

Thanks Jeepers, that has made me feel a little reassured.

I will keep treating for the post nasal drip

Tc

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 10:23:01 AM »

Yep. Post nasal drip. I have constant sinus issues due to a wonky septum. I often wake up like this.. It's often only a small amount but it's enough to irritate. The bodies reaction is to cough but I find it far better to "huff". And it comes up . So not coughing from the top of chest but "huffing " from the top of abdomen.

X

marge

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 12:06:33 PM »

Me too. Also, several of my friends have been in touch saying they have new symptoms of this and that. We've decided that we're all suffering underlying anxiety as a result of the horrendous time we're going through. Hardly surprising really.