Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Post menopause  (Read 657 times)

Tinacros

Post menopause
« on: April 06, 2020, 09:48:50 PM »

I'm post menopausal and on femoston 0.5/2.5 continuous hrt. I've got no symptoms now except for bits of joint pain. Since I've been on this which is about 4 months, I've put lots of Weight on especially around my stomach. Would that be because the oestrogen is too low 🤷🏽‍♀️  I used to be on femoston 1/10 but I wasn't bleeding on it and when I visited gynaecologist he said I had old blood inside me and it was un natural to have a period when ur post menopausal!! As I said my symptoms are ok on what I'm on but weight gain and motivation to do anything about it is ridiculous 😟

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Post menopause
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 08:01:37 AM »

Morning.   Not awake enough to be coherent yet  :-\

Tinacros

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 12:27:01 PM »

The gynae said there was a lot of old blood that wasn't being released. He said ovaries were basically gone so I'm well into post meno.  I was thinking of going on the alternate day 100mg utrogestan and 2 pumps would that be ok? Or is that a lot more than I'm on. it's all confusing lol. I just want to feel a bit more alive😕

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 01:46:00 PM »

Could he/she see the 'old blood'  :-\ and what was he intending to do about it?

I think the body is capable of shedding naturally I would be freaked out if anyone even suggested that!  Old blood is usually black  :-\.

Have you had a scan lately? 

Tinacros

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 03:10:52 PM »

Yes had a scan which they said ovaries had shrunk (or vanished) as he put it. Womb lining good. He did a very thorough internal examination and had his lamp shining up there and said he could see old black blood residue that wasn't clearing as I wasn't having a bleed on my sequential hrt. He told me I should be on conti at this stage of my menopause. I had my last period at 46, I'm 52 now. I did great for the first few years on femoston 1/10 but now feel I need a bit of something lol. Could I add a bit of oestrogel to the femoston conti ?? X