Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Femoston Sequi  (Read 915 times)

sammyscally

• First Flush
Femoston Sequi
« on: April 06, 2020, 05:42:26 PM »

Hi, I'm on my second week of my new Femoston Sequi and starting to feel a bit swimmy, anyone else had these side effects? I was on the Conti but kept bleeding!

Hurdity

Re: Femoston Sequi
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 07:04:13 PM »

Hi sammyscally - what dose of Femsoton conti were you taking? Hopefully you have changed to the same dose of oestrogen? So - assuming you were on 1 mg of the conti you should have been changed to the femoston 1/10 ie also 1 mg oestrogen? If you've been put on the 2/10 then that's a higher oestrogen dose.

Chaging to sequi - you might have notcied the progesterone withdrawal effects after stopping the conti tablets and before you bleed if you had one? This should settle down....

Also if you are still peri-menopausal ( do you know this?) then your own hormones and cycle may be coming into play so your side effects might not be due specifically to the HRT.

Hurdity x

Mogster71

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 04:31:57 AM »

I'm on the Femoston sequi 1/10 - it has been the only HRT I've been able to tolerate!

Like Hurdity says re the progesterone withdrawal, I do still suffer a bit at the start of a new pill packet though...headaches are my main issue, but nausea and dizziness (is that what you mean by swimmy?) common too. In my mid cycle I get what I call a "fizzy" head for a day or so. Not a headache as such but almost a vibration/pressure in the front of my head and face. Peri has brought me so many bloomin' gifts.... ::)

Hope things settle soon for you

sammyscally

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 10:28:30 AM »

Thanks to you both for your replies. I'm on 1/10. The swimmy feeling has now gone, but am getting annoying little headaches, not always enough to take paracetamol, I'm at end of 1st week of the grey tabs, so hopefully this will subside.
I'm not peri, I had ovaries removed end of 2017 so plummeted straight into full on menopause! Just wish they'd removed my bloomin? womb but they said they wouldn't as nothing wrong with it!! Ha!