Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Any one recovered from C-19  (Read 5384 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Any one recovered from C-19
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2020, 03:50:40 PM »

A 79-year-old man who contracted Covid-19 has praised the "care and attention" of staff at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.

Malcolm Airs tested positive for the virus and received oxygen and antibiotics at the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford.

He is now recovering at home in Dorchester-upon-Thames.

CLKD

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2020, 07:24:49 PM »

Vera Beeley was taken to the Northern General hospital in Sheffield on Easter Sunday.

A video showing a guard of honour by staff when she went home last Friday (pictured) has been shared thousands of times.

Her grandson, Ian Whitehead, said the family were looking forward to celebrating her 103rd birthday in November.

He said: "She's always been a character, she's always been the life and soul of the party - she loves a party."

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2020, 08:02:51 AM »

:tulips2:   a small baby has recovered  :-*

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2020, 05:52:49 PM »

Tracy Maguire remembers the moment she saw doctors insert a swab into her three-week-old baby's nose to test for coronavirus.

Born prematurely at just 3lbs 5oz (1.5kg), baby Peyton was diagnosed with Covid-19 at just three weeks old.

Survived - now home  :-*

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2020, 11:39:52 AM »

Coronavirus: Hampshire woman, 99, survives Covid-19

A 99-year-old woman is recovering at home after being admitted to hospital with coronavirus.

Carrie Pollock tested positive at the Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, in early March after she was admitted with hallucinations and suspected pneumonia.

The former Special Branch officer is now back at home in Hayling Island with her family and says she's feeling "much better".

Sparrow

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2020, 06:50:34 AM »

Marianne Faithfull.

Discharged from hospital after three weeks.  73 years old and a chain smoker all her adult life.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2020, 08:17:59 AM »

Now I have a Kinks tune playing in my head but it was Rolling Stones?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2020, 07:26:06 PM »

I like Marianne Faithfull. ...Not that I know her personally, you understand. 😆

Donnadoobie

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2020, 07:44:16 AM »

The aunt of my daughters partner is home and doing well.

Also read today that a Cheshire hospital have adapted the black boxes used for patients at home for sleep apnoea and have seen improvements.  Using them instead of ventilators.  Some patients are showing improvements within 15 minutes. 

I will see if I can find the link and post here

Here it is

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-hospital-cuts-covid-19-death-rates-with-black-boxes-for-sleep-disorder-11977789
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 07:50:00 AM by Donnadoobie »

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2020, 01:22:22 PM »

Anyone who takes Trump's advice literally certainly won't recover  >:( .........  :bang:

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2020, 01:32:39 PM »

A 98-year-old war veteran has left hospital after recovering from coronavirus.

Douglas Moore from Wellingborough, who also has a lung condition, received a round of applause as he was discharged on Wednesday.

He had been admitted to Kettering General Hospital on 15 April after having a fall and suffering from a high temperature and a cough.

Mr Moore said: "I felt very special when they gave me a clap when I left."

Kathleen

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2020, 03:23:02 PM »

Hello ladies

There was a report that patients may not need to go on ventilators if their blood oxygen levels can be kept above 85 percent. Levels can be detected by using a monitor that clips onto your finger. It seems that falling levels are  an early symptom and if blood saturation is soon corrected the patient does better.

Take care everyone.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2020, 05:26:42 PM »

A man who has survived coronavirus described the hospital staff who cared for him as "living angels".

Maurice from Torquay spent four weeks in hospital after he was admitted as an emergency with coronavirus symptoms, during which he had two life-threatening incidents.

The 59-year-old insisted on walking rather than using a wheelchair when he was discharged on Saturday.

Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust staff applauded him as he left in honour of his fight against the illness.

Annie0710

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2020, 08:31:23 PM »

One of the men I play golf with text me today to say he's had it along with his wife.  Both mid 70s

He said he rang dr with h is symptoms and Dr said no question about it, he has covid 19

He said his wife got off lighter with a bad chest infection but he's had symptoms for 2 weeks now x

Another golfer gave me an update on my golf friend.  All these weeks on he can't Manage more than 6 steps without getting out of breath bless him.  He is very down in the dumps x

sheila99

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2020, 07:30:45 AM »

Did he end up in hospital? Are they expecting a full recovery in time or can it leave permanent damage to the lungs?
Pages: 1 [2] 3