Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Light bleeding with foreign Femoston 2/10  (Read 603 times)

Hello101

Light bleeding with foreign Femoston 2/10
« on: April 04, 2020, 08:59:36 AM »

Hi. I've been on Femoston 2/10 for two years. I started age 43 for early perimenopausal symptoms. I've not had any issues with this at all and feel great however this month my pharmacy supplied a foreign brand of Femoston 2/10 presumably as the U.K. version is out of stock. I took my first tablet of this foreign brand on Monday and carried on each day but since Wednesday I've had light spotting every day. I'm really not sure what to do and whether to see my GP about this while they are under pressure with everything. I have been under huge amounts of stress (like everyone is at this time) as I work in ICU and am dealing with Covid patients so I'm not sure if it's linked to this.
Could anyone advise? Thanks

Hurdity

Re: Light bleeding with foreign Femoston 2/10
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 09:13:58 AM »

Hello Hello101 !!!

If it is prescribed as Femoston then it should be exactly the same if a Femoston label has been stuck over the foreign name. This is quite normal in EU (sadly not for long :( ) for different names to be substituted from other countries. For some reason exactly the same product is given different names in some different countries presumably due to connotations of the language or somnething.  If it is a completely different formulation as well as different name ie different ingredients apart from the active ones, then it could be a different brand.  The way to tell is if a Femoston lable was stuck over the otherone? Also was the leaflet in English?

If it is the same then the spotting will be coincidental. If a different brand substitution ( for example like Elleste Duet and Kliofem - different brands but exactly the same active ingredients) which might have different other ingredients in it - then it is conceivable that you could be absorbing slightly differently.

The stress you are experiencing will also most likely have an effect, and also if you have had any digestive upstes etc which could affect absorption. During peri-menopause also cycles go up the creek somewhat, and HRT does not suppress your cycle and ovulation which carries on in the background, when it's going to.

It must be exhausting and harrowing for you to be in this situation and we are all immensely grateful for the work you are doing in ICU. You have to take care of yourself though too, difficult I know.

Maybe wait to see if the spotting settles and then if not have a word with the doctor?

Hurdity x