Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hello new here .... very worried, advice please  (Read 2370 times)

Hurdity

Re: Hello new here .... very worried, advice please
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2020, 10:49:43 AM »

Hi there

Post-menopause used to be 2 years without periods if under 50 and 1 year if over 50. However this was changed so that everyone was considered to be post-menopause when 12 months had elapsed since last natural bleed. It followed that any  bleed more than 12 months following the last natural period, was considered to be a post-menopausal bleed, at any age and should be investigated This was so that any potential cases of endometrial cancer or atypical hyperplasia were not missed due to the arbitrary definition.

It follows that there will be some women who do continue to ovulate more than 12 months after last natural period and then get a period.

As far as I know if you ovulate you will always bleed if not taking anything to stop it (but the converse is not true ie not all bleeding means you have ovulated), because oestrogen levels need to be very high for this to happen.

The egg-white mucus is a sign of high oestrogen so it could be your own + what you have added due to HRT?

The two years under 50 still applies to contraception, recognising that late ovulations are more likely to occur in younger age groups even after the 12 month time period since previous bleed.

Hurdity x

Gem2

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2020, 04:16:59 PM »

Hello all sorry I haven't looked on for a couple of days. Thanks so much for the comments. I've not heard back 're bloods yet and too scared to call tbh... what seems to be main symptoms now are the pelvic niggles that I can only describe as like very mild period pains all over lower abdoman and the discharge. I am beginning to think I do have high estrogen due to my flushes stopping out of the blue,  but wondering why this is happening 2 years after last period ?? This couldn't be ovulation surely and for 3 weeks? X

Gem2

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2020, 12:11:31 PM »

Hello. Does anybody know if blood tests results thru GPs are being delayed currently with virus issues? X

Gem2

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2020, 07:41:05 PM »

Thanks Birdy, I'm too chicken  :'( just hoping no news is good news at the moment...but then thought maybe just delayed due to virus x

Gem2

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2020, 07:11:24 AM »

Thanks Birdy that makes me feel less anxious x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2020, 08:11:11 AM »

Oh I had period pains for 15+ years after my last bleed, enough to make me think "Oh No! not after all these years!" but never had a period.  Your blood results should be back by now, the longer you leave it the more worried you will B. Get them read in time for Easter? then you can enjoy the sunshine.

Gem2

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2020, 12:42:32 PM »

You spurred me on CLKD !! I've just called, they've come back ' normal no action ' ...so relieved. I'm still getting the discharge and cramps but will just keep diarising and see if any pattern. I did start taking Myomin to reduce oestrogen so may start that again. Thanks so much everyone for your input, I so appreciate it and it kept me a little saner xx

Gem2

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2020, 01:24:18 PM »

Fibrocystic boobs, hair loss and rubbish sleep x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2020, 02:21:30 PM »

I would stop all products unless prescribed by the GP ;-).  Let the body settle into a natural rhythm.   This is a bought over the counter product ? which may do more harm than good.

Glad that the results are within normal limits.  How do you feel?

Gem2

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2020, 02:50:28 PM »

Thanks both and thanks for all your advice. I feel very relieved and pleased I called before the weekend. Have a lovely Easter weekend all xx
Pages: 1 [2]