Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: How long before HRT patches effective  (Read 679 times)

hwils

How long before HRT patches effective
« on: April 02, 2020, 09:07:31 AM »

Hello,
started Evorel Conti patches nearly a wk ago & just wondered about others? experiences of how long they had to wait before relief from some symptoms? Am not sure they are right for me; feel my physical symptoms are worse on them - flushes, bloating, reflux. I suppose I started on them to help me sleep better & feel less panicky at this terrible time that we?re all going through & I did feel for a few days they did that although can't be sure. I know stress could increase hot flushes but to be honest have been stressed for wks- as I'm sure we all have, but feel flushes really ramped up when I started the patches- strange! My periods stopped about 18 months ago & I'm 51

Katejo

Re: How long before HRT patches effective
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 10:35:24 AM »

Hello,
started Evorel Conti patches nearly a wk ago & just wondered about others? experiences of how long they had to wait before relief from some symptoms? Am not sure they are right for me; feel my physical symptoms are worse on them - flushes, bloating, reflux. I suppose I started on them to help me sleep better & feel less panicky at this terrible time that we?re all going through & I did feel for a few days they did that although can't be sure. I know stress could increase hot flushes but to be honest have been stressed for wks- as I'm sure we all have, but feel flushes really ramped up when I started the patches- strange! My periods stopped about 18 months ago & I'm 51
  Are you on full patches or half ones? I was told to start on halves as a gradual intro to avoid side effects. I took them for different reasons to you (to prevent vaginal atrophy/add to Vagifem). I began to notice improvement about 2 weeks after being on full patches.

hwils

Re: How long before HRT patches effective
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 01:16:42 PM »

I stick a full sized patch on, maybe I should give it longer then, thanks.