Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: HRT Not so good days.  (Read 662 times)

Penelope

HRT Not so good days.
« on: March 16, 2020, 07:32:58 PM »

Help please from all of you longer time HRT users.

I am now just on four months use of continuous HRT after months of terrible side effects.

I now will have 6 good days then wam 2 bad days.

Then 10 good days then wam a bad day.etc etc

Is this normal please?

And advice at all would be appreciated

Ladybt28

Re: HRT Not so good days.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 09:55:04 PM »

Hi Penelope,
Although I was much better after 4 months, I still wasn't really balanced all the time until 7 months and I was still having a few bad days but by and large most were mainly good. Then after 18 months it changed again and I had to make adjustments.  I think quite a few people might agree that it seems the longer you have had really bad symptoms and the longer you have felt really ill, the longer it seems to take to eradicate the really bad days but they do go.  Well they did in my case.  I wouldn't say I was really well and everything is back to normal but I suppose everything is relative.  Things are soooo much better than before so I cant really complain but 7 month was when I actually managed to forget there were bad days.

Penelope

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 10:47:41 PM »

Hello lovely LadyBT I was hoping you would answer.😀

So you can relate to what I am saying?

I was so unwell for so so very long so that adds up.

I guess it's so good to feel better that it's a long drop when you go down now.

I am hoping not to have to up the dose I would be very happy to stay on the bare minimum.

Thanks so much LadyBT🌹

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 09:43:20 PM »

:D yes indeed here I am!  Lovely??? debatable  ;D

I stayed on my 4 pumps for nearly 9 months I think and then I tried on a number of occasions to drop to 3 from there but it didn't seem to go well, so I went back up.  Then all of a sudden just under 3 months ago I started to get itchy and my boobs got sore so I dropped the pumps down to 3 and then ended right up at only 2 where I have been for the last 2.5 months and I've been fine.  Seems like I was working at a level and all the adjustments were made in my body and then it decided too much and went a bit haywire.

I am pretty sure it will change again. After all this and a lot of reading I am sure that things don't remain the same once you get it "right" and just stay there.  We have to listen to our bodies and the longer it goes on the more we learn about ourselves so the better placed we are to make the adjustments, whereas when we are new to it all, we don't have a clue.