Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Lenzetto stronger than Oestrogel?  (Read 1626 times)

TheCat346

• First Flush
Lenzetto stronger than Oestrogel?
« on: March 12, 2020, 09:11:28 AM »

I have been on Oestrogel 0.06% by Besins Healthcare for a few years and worked my way up to four pumps daily (two in the morning and two in the evening). Each pump contains 0.7 mg of estradiol.

When my prescription was renewed recently, the pharmacist told me all suppliers were out of stock so I was given Lenzetto instead. It says on the label : two sprays daily. Each spray contains 1.53 mg of estradiol.

So, if I'm not mistaken, Lenzetto contains twice as much estradiol as Oestrogel and that is why the label says two sprays daily? I have been doing fine on it and I like the fact that it dries literally in seconds, whereas Oestrogel can take up to five minutes to dry, but it feels strange that two drugs said to be interchangeable should vary so much in strength.

Or did I get this wrong...?

Dotty

Re: Lenzetto stronger than Oestrogel?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 09:21:07 AM »

Hi it certainly appears that you are right .

Where do you live? I don't think we can get Lenzetto in UK . X

TheCat346

• First Flush
Re: Lenzetto stronger than Oestrogel?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 11:42:12 AM »

I'm in Belgium but had the impression that Lenzetto is available in most if not all European countries.
Thanks for your replies, it seems I got the right replacement dose and it does feel as if Lenzetto is a little stronger so probably better absorbed.