Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT implants  (Read 1396 times)

karen dempster

• First Flush
HRT implants
« on: March 10, 2020, 06:14:24 PM »

Help!
I am so very confused and urgently need some help.
I've had HRT implants for the last 5 years. today I had another one inserted by a private Doctor. He mentioned that my levels for both estrogen and testosterone were high at 900 for estrogen and 4 for testosterone. But a few weeks before blood test I started to add tostran and evorel patch (before my blood test 2 weeks before my implant appt) which would of provided a high reading than without. If that make sense.
He said that because I am 59 I am also pasted the menopause age, so therefore my levels should be lower. The protocol on Chelsea and westminister hospital website information on implants, doesn't mention anything about age and when to stop. Only mentions the range is 300-600pmol but exceptionally a higher limit may be agreed.for repeat implant e . For the last year, I have been getting really awful anxiety. but at the same time I have also been diagnosed with AF (Atrial Fibrilation) after the lost of my mum, my AF seem to get worse.. Not sure if there is a connection with my AF with my HRT implant too.
Can anyone provide me some advice at all. I am having a blood test next week to see what my true levels are now after a week after the everol and testosterone tostran is out of my system.  I am thinking I probably should of waiting 8 months until my levels were down to 400 to 600 so my levels are not outside of that range. But the implant is in now. I just want these anxiety attacked to stop.  Thank you so much.

Whatsupwiththis

Re: HRT implants
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 09:29:15 PM »

Hi karen.  Sorry I can't help you however there are ladies who have had implants.  Someone should be along to offer help.  Good luck.

Tc

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 11:13:12 PM »

Hiya,Karen. May I say in sorry for you loss of your mum.

..  I've only just had my first E  implant coming up to 6 weeks ago.
I understand the implant "panic". I've had it myself this week as it's not going well and I realised I dont know nearly enough about it.  I wish I could advise. I've probably got more questions for you than I have answers with you having been on it 5 years.

But  The info I have says to stop any top up a week before blood tests.  So you may find your next test gives a more  true picture.

I hope someone will be along to advise better and also  around AF.  My mum has it so I know about it but shes not on HRT.

Xx

karen dempster

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 12:46:22 AM »

Thank you so much for replying.
Yes I'm into my 6th year of implant, up until last year, I loved them and got on well.
But since last year, not so good as the testosterone one fell out (not unusual apprantly), had second one inserted, 2 months before my estrogen one was due again which then double dosed me on testosterone because the doctor decided to place another testosterone again after 2 months of the other one. My testosterone levels where then at 30 when my AF started. The hospital said there's no link eventhough my testosterone was extremely high. So have to take their word.
I just don't want my estrogen to climb like my testosterone levels have. But at the same time. I don't like the symptoms when the implant is starting to wear off.
I will make sure 100% regardless of my wearing Off symptoms, to only have the next one inserted at 400 to 600 levels. 😉
If you have a question for me, I'm happy to try to help answer, if I can. 😘