Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: help please! Need to change from Evroel Sequi- cant' get Dr appointment  (Read 566 times)

crosscat

HI ladies, can I ask an expert on sequi and conti a question please? I can't get a Dr's appointment until next month, not even a telephone one. They're all filled due to virus scares etc.
I've had hair loss with the menopause which could be due to the noristherone in sequi but then could be general low oestrogen before I started HRT and this is a knock on effect (bloods are all normal) . One thing that is for sure is that the non-opposed oestrogen part of the cycle with sequi is giving me all my vasomotor symptoms still which are so delibitating that after the fortnight I'm exhausted through lack of sleep, over emotional, frazzled and feeling completely unable to cope with life and work. This wears off completely after 2 days into the progesterone (conti) phase, giving me a bit of normality, and lasts until I'm back on the oestrogen only phase in which I swing straight back to feeling terrible. I have enough sequi (bought online) to last me until September so I was thinking of just continuing with the conti using these packs. I can't take anything orally (makes me sick) so patches are my only option. Given the impossibility of even getting an online question answered by my doctor, and it is almost 12 months since my last period, I'm very tempted to try and regain a bit of continuity, and avoid these huge hormonal swings, by just putting myself on conti until I can finally get to see a Doctor (who would precribe this anyway in a month or so according to my last consultation). I've beeen taking sequi since last october and have had no sign of any 'natural' bleeding- so I think I am very advanced peri. I'm 52 next month. Help! not sure what to do

Dotty

Hi you can try a Conti regime at any time. You may or may not get breakthrough bleeding . If you haven't had a period for 12 months then you are post menopause x

crosscat

Hi Dotty, thank you-that is reassuring. It all seemed so set in stone from my GP when I last saw them, that I was worried I might be going badly against medical advice. There wasn't any 'we'll see how you go and revise this 12 month criteria if necessary"
I'm definitely almost post menopause-I had a very sudden stop to natural periods- no irregular cycles or anything, just a stop and it been like that since except the induced bleeds due to the sequi, precisely at the time they're meant to occur. So realistically I dont think I have anything to worry about clinically- more, I suppose, being told off when I eventually do get to the docs.  ::)
xx