Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan suicidal  (Read 1414 times)

Eagle87

Utrogestan suicidal
« on: March 03, 2020, 06:06:21 PM »

Hi I'm on my second cycle of utrogestan
First one I wasnt too bad just vivid dreams and headache a bit low

This time I am really bad severe insomnia when I do fall asleep bad nightmares etc all day panic attacks constantly crying feeling suicidal.. I called the proff studd clinic and they told me to stop progestrone this month and try again in april

I have tried vaginally too didn't make a difference I just feel so scared

I'm on 4 pumps estrogel and testosterone every other day

To be honest I dont feel great on just estrogel either I counted I had 8 good days in February

I am 32 and being treated for pnd and reproductive depression

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Utrogestan suicidal
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 06:34:51 PM »

What's reproductive depression?

Who is treating you, your GP or a Pyshicatrist?  [pity that I can't spell  :( ]. 

32 is young so you need HRT to protect bones and heart.   Have you looked at the Daisy web site too?  Lots of advice on there.

What did you go onto HRT for initially?

Eagle87

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 06:52:29 PM »

What's reproductive depression?

Who is treating you, your GP or a Pyshicatrist?  [pity that I can't spell  :( ]. 

32 is young so you need HRT to protect bones and heart.   Have you looked at the Daisy web site too?  Lots of advice on there.

What did you go onto HRT for initially?

I'm being treated by professor studd clinic for postnatal depression hes written about reproductive depression on his website

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 06:55:42 PM »

You are in the best place. 

Anxiety can be eased by appropriate medication along side HRT.  Has it been suggested to ease anxiety?

How were you doing your menstrual years?   Who is home with you?

Was it suggested how long it will be B4 you notice a difference? Is 4 pumps too much?

Eagle87

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 07:05:50 PM »

You are in the best place. 

Anxiety can be eased by appropriate medication along side HRT.  Has it been suggested to ease anxiety?

How were you doing your menstrual years?   Who is home with you?

Was it suggested how long it will be B4 you notice a difference? Is 4 pumps too much?

I've always had pms.. but I'm not sure if hrt is working I dont tolerate antidepressants and I cant things like valium cause breastfeeding

My husband took one day off today

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 07:07:36 PM »

You've got a babe ......... do share ;-). 

What support at home have you got, is there a Nurse who calls.  MIND are very good with mental health, when a friend died suddenly 4 years ago they were very helpful for me. 

Tc

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 08:40:46 PM »

Eagle.  Stella has given good advice.

I thought I'd let you know The MIND  website has info and support.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/postnatal-depression-and-perinatal-mental-health/about-maternal-mental-health-problems/

If you click where it  says  "postnatal depression and perinatal mental health" on the little yellow arrow you will see a drop down menu which includes help.and support.

Xxxx

Eagle87

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 08:54:30 PM »

I am under perinatal mental health team and I do know of mind but nobody or nothing can help me apart from sorting the hormones out...

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 11:15:13 PM »

Making sure that you have good support is essential.  How long do you think it will take for the hormones to readjust after the birth?  Or is it as long as a piece of string?  Have you had other babies?

Make sure too that you R honest with your health providers.  They will have seen it and heard it all B4.  I had a friend who had problems twice ....... she heard voices  ::) but this disappeared as her hormone levels evened out.  There is hope! but do tell people if you feel that you might hurt yourself or your baby.