Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Anxiety and Rescue Remedy  (Read 1256 times)

rolercoasterhell

Anxiety and Rescue Remedy
« on: February 29, 2020, 06:19:23 PM »

I have tried everything to reduce the perimenopausal anxiety that I feel (homeopathy, acupuncture, CBT, tranquillisers, hormones etc etc etc) but I simply cannot beat my hormones. I'm very very tired, depressed and achey at times and then I switch to high energy with anxiety and insomnia. I never feel balanced.

I would love to take HRT but I cannot tolerate ANY progesterone (not even my own). I always thought I had bad PMT but it is only since I have been reading about the menopause that I realise I had extremely bad PMT (PMDD probably).

I used to see Dr Panay and Studd for PMT but I could never tolerate the hormones or drugs that they prescribed.

Anyway, my life has been completely ruined by hormones. I have been diagnosed with all sorts of ridiculous conditions and taken so many horrific drugs because of these misdiagnosis that I feel completely drained.

I am hopeful, however, that I might be able to actually start living when the menopause is fully over. I might, for once, have stable hormones (even if they are suboptimal).

Anyway, sorry for the ramble. I was actually just wondering if anyone has found Rescue Remedy to be of help. I could have capsized a boat with all the drugs/supplements that I have tried over the years, but I have never tried Rescue Remedy. Is it worth buying?

Rollercoaster X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety and Rescue Remedy
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 07:40:46 PM »

I have used Rescue Remedy mouth spray as well as pastilles.  Intermittently for years.  Either B4 an Event 'in case' or as well as other medication.

I never think "Will this work?"  I use it and get on.   What's to lose?

Also deep breathing exercises can be useful.  From toes upwards, stretch, hold and relax.  All the way through the muscle groups: calves, thighs, knees ......... in bed.  Some can be done whilst standing in a queue  8)

Yoga.  Swimming.  Brisk walking.  Sitting to watch wildlife in the open air.  Deep breathing when necessary.

Is there a particular time of day which is worse 4 U?

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 07:41:25 PM »

Hi rolercoasterhell

Sorry to hear about your misery....just as a matter of interest how do you know you can't tolerate your own progesterone? Also I seem to remember your saying on another thread that your cycles are still regular - are they? ie what is the cycle length and does it vary?

It may well be that later on you may be able to tolerate some form of HRT - there is usually something out there for everyone, althought there have been one or two members over the past few years for whom finding this regime is extremely challenging. Hopefully you're not one of them?

I have never used rescue remedy - if you believe it will do some good re anxiety then it will! I am sure it doesn't cost much and won't do you any harm.

Have you tried any mental strategies - mindfulness, CBT type therapies etc? There are lots of books and videos on youtube as well as websites like nomorepanic to  help with non medicinal treatments?

Hope you manage to find something to ease yout anxiety soon...

Hurdity x

rolercoasterhell

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 12:39:22 AM »

Thank you for your replies.

I am definitely worse in the morning. I have tried all the breathing exercises and lots of different brain training plans. It is such a powerful feeling that nothing short of a strong drug can remedy it...but I try not to use drugs.

My cycles have been irregular for years. They come every six weeks or so now. I feel that I get the worst anxiety/insomnia/hyper feelings when I am ovulating or trying to ovulate. Some months I seem to be trying to ovulate all the time!

I do think that when my oestrogen is stable and low that I might be able to tolerate some sort of hormone preparation; I think the imbalances at the moment and my sensitivities mean that finding a balance is too difficult.

I honestly think that even if I was on a lovely tropical island at a meditation retreat, being massaged and waited on i'd still be jittery and hyper and a bloody mess...but I wouldn't say no obviously. ;)

I can't wait for this all to be over. I have a lot of hope that i'll be okay one day...cross fingers.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 09:13:31 AM »

I agree with our 'tropical island' scenario.  When anxiety hits I am floored within seconds  :'(.  It is the physicality that over-rides any logic.  The intense nausea, weak thighs, calves, tense stomach muscles, despair .........

I never think if a choice will work 4 me, I get on with it.  I do know that the anti-anxiety emergency pill works - either easing symptoms or knocking me out for 3-4 hours so I wake feeling OK - so don't have to rely on 'an extra tablet' to get relief.