Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Peri or dying or just crazy?  (Read 1895 times)

MicheleMaBelle

Re: Peri or dying or just crazy?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2020, 08:54:02 PM »

Hello Paz and we,come. Peri peri peri . No sauce though eh?
it's all normal if you are being badly affected by the menopause but remember the stats ? 25% sail through, 50% have some symptoms some of the time, 25% have a really difficult time. Maybe your mum didn't find it so bad or it just wasn't talked about and hidden as it was considered shameful or you just had to shut up and put up. No longer!!!! Talk about it, forget the oldies who wouldn't discuss it honestly, dismiss your cohort who ask what the fuss is about and spread the word! Xxx

Paz23

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2020, 09:14:13 AM »

I think because my mum's dr was so good and gave her HRT straight away her symptoms were really well managed. It would have been nice for her to mention it before I reached nearly 40 though so I knew what to expect. I think she just assumes I tell her everything anyway.
I've no idea if having fertility treatment has an effect. Or if I've ever had enough oestrogen and that's been the problem all my life. The only time I didn't have anxiety was when I was on the pill. Why can drs not do joined up thinking? Or perhaps it's me trying to join stuff that's not actually linked.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 09:28:16 AM »

GPs don't do joined up thinking.  Despite the British Menopause Society supposedly educating them.

Not crazy at all  ;).  My Mum now 93 can't remember her menopause and I had long gone by then.
Pages: 1 [2]