Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: testosterone and a happy bladder  (Read 856 times)

Sarokel

testosterone and a happy bladder
« on: February 27, 2020, 08:37:09 AM »

This is of course purely anecdotal, but a week 4 of testosterone I've noticed an interesting side effect. I've for years had an irritable bladder, not interstitial cystitis I've friends with that and it sounds awful. More just grumpy, pre hysterectomy before my period I'd always have a really bad week, I'd need to pee way more often than usual and just felt uncomfortable. Coffee irritated it, alcohol even more so.

Well after a month on testosterone I have a happy bladder, coffee does nothing. I haven't had a drink since Christmas so not tested that one. But yey!

Sammiejane

Re: testosterone and a happy bladder
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 10:44:05 AM »

hi

that's excellent it is probably helping for VA too if u suffer with this but that's great news i hope when i start it it does the same for me do you feel like your pelvic floor area is firmer as testosterone is to build muscle so hoping as pelvic floor is a muscle this works in our favour x

Sarokel

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 01:14:13 PM »

Don't think I've had any VA symptoms, it was just an irritable bladder on and off. Kinda felt like the very early stages of cystitis. Thankfully my pelvic floor has always been pretty good thanks to teaching yoga and Pilates, I ran for 2 hours last weekend without needing to pee which was great at 4 months post op.

Are you taking testosterone along with estrogen?

hi

that's excellent it is probably helping for VA too if u suffer with this but that's great news i hope when i start it it does the same for me do you feel like your pelvic floor area is firmer as testosterone is to build muscle so hoping as pelvic floor is a muscle this works in our favour x

Sammiejane

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 02:15:49 PM »

i?m not at the moment as i took a break from hrt so need to build my level of estrogen back up

which estrogen do you take and tesosterone x

Sarokel

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 06:08:55 PM »

I use 2 pumps of oestrogel in the evening and 1 in the morning every second day. So it works out as 2.5 pumps a day which seems to work for me.

Testosterone is tostran every second day. It's early days but I've had no negative side effects and generally seem to be feeling well on the two.

i?m not at the moment as i took a break from hrt so need to build my level of estrogen back up

which estrogen do you take and tesosterone x

Sammiejane

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 12:19:05 PM »

hi

i?m glad it's working for you can i ask did you start tesosterone at the same time as estrogen or did you have good level of estrogen before x

Sammiejane

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 12:19:40 PM »

hi

sorry have you also experienced any increase in hair shedding x