Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Tibolone ,,Brown Spotting .. and a bit sore down below  (Read 1115 times)

Lisa T

Tibolone ,,Brown Spotting .. and a bit sore down below
« on: February 26, 2020, 01:05:19 PM »

Hi everyone .. Nice all us ladies can talk about all we have to put up with in our Meno years :) .. I had my last period at 47 .. Due to meno symptoms , low libido etc.. decides to try Tibolone  at the age of 49,, 2 years were good... after that noticed lots of aches and pains ,,.. fast forward to last Friday.. had a wee and wiped some brown slight spotting discharge yuk .. it doesnt happen with every wipe ....I have been a little sore down stairs ..so am using CaneseBalance for BV.. Im 53 now.. Will  be booking DR appointment once as soon as ive finished the Vag Gels.... Also had a slight back ache.. lower left,, more like top of buttock for 8 weeks,, was really  bad. but now only seem to be when i have been sitting for a while and stiffens when getting out of a chair.. it wears off,, and can bend OK .. not had any stomach cramps,, or tenderness..If I have got it ..its not something ive noticed.. Also stopped taking Livial when I noticed spotting ..Scared the life out of me ,,Anyone of you lovely ladies had any similar symptoms  ?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tibolone ,,Brown Spotting .. and a bit sore down below
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 06:48:39 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::)

The Change.  Does what it says on the tin.  Catches many by surprise.  My periods waxed and waned for several years including the brown staining which is old blood, left behind due to. not enough push from the hormone cycle.  Per-period symptoms are common.

As oestrogen levels drop so the body may become dry: inside and out - skin, deep in the ears, eyes, vagina, scalp ...... as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.

Lisa T

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 07:50:32 AM »

Thanks for getting back ..I am post Menopause,, no spotting or bleeding for 6 years,,  until now, happened whilst on Tibolone, is brown spotting at this stage anything to worry about ?

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 09:32:04 AM »

Hi LisaT

:welcomemm:

Yes you should go to see your doctor about any new spotting or bleeding if you have been settled on HRT for that long. If you have been using applicators for inserting creams etc for your soreness then it could be vaginal bleeding from trauma due to thinner tissues but if it's from cervix or womb it needs investigating just to check all is well. No need to stop Tibolone as it won't actually change the situation materially. If your womb has thickened slightly or there are any abnormalities eg polyp or fibroid this will become apparent after a scan and maybe hysteroscopy ( depending on scan results).

Let us know how you get on and try not to worry in the meantime!

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 09:38:19 AM »

I wouldn't consider a polyp or fibroid an 'abnormality'  :-\

Lisa T

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 10:21:24 AM »

Thank you Hurdity :)

I have only been using the applicators since after the brown spotting... when I think back I have been  a little uncomfortable down below for a good few weeks..  I use to use soap ,, very naughty I know..  spotting has come along with the soreness ... will be ringing Dr on Monday for appointment.. Only triage appointments at the mo ..and can never get through on phone

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 12:34:25 PM »

I've always used soap all over my body.  As well as bubble bath  :-\

Lisa T

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2020, 02:45:06 PM »

CLKD I have always used soap and bubbles :) ... but the soaping on the sensitive bits I was a bit harsh ..specially with Dove soap ..no more ..Only vagasil now :)