Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Sandrena 1%  (Read 1014 times)

Lotus

Sandrena 1%
« on: February 26, 2020, 08:57:20 AM »

Hi I've been applying Sandrena gel for 6 weeks. Ime 65 and have managed without HRT until the hot flushes became unbearable at night. I was having hardly any sleep due to hot flush at least every hour. So  it's helping but by lunch time I get a horrible headache which feels like a band around my head. Is this a side effect which will continue? Thank yiu

Whatsupwiththis

Re: Sandrena 1%
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 06:37:27 PM »

Hi Lotus.  You are indeed fortunate your GP prescribed HRT at 65.  I am 68 and wanted to try patch to help with severe VA.  She flatly refused.

Tc

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 12:14:16 AM »

Lotus. I assume it's1mg  sachet you are using.

Sandrena is indeed available in 0.5  as stella says. Probably easier to get that than divide up 1mg sachet.  You may find 0.5 is enough for you flushes wise. If not you can  increase in very small increments until you hit the point where flushes are controlled.but hopefully side effects are minimised.

I'm on very high dose and eastrogel wasnt strong enough for me but I found sandrena stronger.  I dont know if other ladies would agree but I think possibly eastrogel in its pump pack might be easier to "tinker" with dose wise . I found the sandrena quite hard to portion out when I only wanted half a sachet.

Good luck. X

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 09:27:23 AM »

Hello Lotus and welcome to the forum.

I agree that it is a good thing that your GP has prescribed HRT for you.

Daily headaches were one of my earlier meno symptoms.  This was before I tried HRT and they resolved on their own.  I would wake up with a headache and it would last all day but miraculously disappear in the evening. I assumed they were hormonal and as I recall after about six months they stopped completely and have never occurred again.

Wishing you well.

K.