Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: How did you combat weight gain ?  (Read 766 times)

Tillyboo

How did you combat weight gain ?
« on: February 25, 2020, 11:36:54 PM »

Feeling really miserable as I have expanded especially over the last few months ! I am probably about 2.5st overweight :-(

Few details: I'm in year 6 now and although hot flushes have lessened, I feel really hot on and off all night to the extent it wakes me up, fling my sheeps wool light duvet off, then on again. Fan on , window open  ...
Painful joints, aching ... tired, Blah, blah, blah ...

But it's the weight gain that is making me feel very unhappy. I won't go shopping, nothing fits me and I'm finding exercise other than walking difficult due to Fibro, pains and stiffness  :(

Would be really interested to hear how other lovely ladies have dealt with such weight gain ?

Sammiejane

Re: How did you combat weight gain ?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 11:56:00 PM »

tillyboo

i can totally sympathize since i started hrt i have gained over a stone and feel horrible together with bloating from hrt i actually lost weight before starting hrt mainly as i had no appetite so my meals were small i have GI issues IBSC so have to follow gluten and wheat free diet limit dairy and eat low fodmap foods x not sure if this helped but certainly cutting out bread pasta potatoes crisp choc alcohol etc but then i start hrt and it's gone back on x so not much help i?m afraid

Penelope

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 12:38:02 AM »

Hi Tillyboo
I have gained weight and been so hungry over the years with thyroid.
I started HRT 3 months ago and I have dropped 6kg and I did nothing except have no appetite it's been amazing the HRT has just turned my hunger button off.
I know how hard it really is especially not wanting to go shopping 🛍
Maybe once you are all the way through it will drop off.🌹

Perinowpost

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 08:27:13 AM »

Hi Tillyboo it's a life sentence I'm afraid 😟 Type keywords into the search box at the top of the page to help with your research, you?ll find it's an oft discussed topic x

Sammiejane

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 12:30:10 PM »

penelope

that's sounds good you lost 6kg which hrt to you take sorry if you have already told me can't seem to remember anything these days x lol

Penelope

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 06:29:31 PM »

Sammejane I am taking Kliovance 🌹