Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Women's Physiotherapist  (Read 1348 times)

Artmouse

Women's Physiotherapist
« on: February 18, 2020, 10:39:32 AM »

Hi all,

Has anyone seen a Women's Physio?  I'm thinking about this because of bladder problems but am a bit nervous...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Women's Physiotherapist
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 11:00:41 AM »

R U able to describe 'bladder' problems in more detail?

Have you tread the threads about vaginal atrophy?   Repeated urine infection-type symptoms may be caused by dryness due to a drop of oestrogen levels.  Appropriate treatment really helps.  VA mimics the above really really well, have you had a urine sample tested in a lab.?  A dip stick test in the surgery isn't enough.

If no sign of infection from a Lab. test then maybe think about VA treatment?

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 11:00:52 AM »

Hi Artmouse,

I see a women's health physio privately for the same reasons. I have a hypertonic PF and stress incontinence. I think it is helping but can take a while to unlearn the tight pelvic floor. What is making you nervous about it?

JP x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 11:22:35 AM »

Hi, I saw a NHS women's health physio a couple of months ago due to VA. She was really good and thorough. It was helpful for me as I discovered some of my issues are not bladder related but are due to bowel problesms. She explained the conncetions between all the diufferent systems. The appointment lasted about an hour and involved mostly asking questions and her giving explanations and an internal exam, which wasn't too bad atall, (I'm really a wimp about such things) which was reassuring for me as she said there was no sign of prolapse.
My GP referred me and I got an appointment within 6 weeks. Good luck.

Artmouse

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 11:30:46 AM »

At night I have to get up to pee anything from 3 to 8 times, it's really awful :(  My bladder also hurts, usually more at night, it feels constantly irritated. 

I do go in the day a bit too much but night is the real problem.  Have had a bladder ultrasound and infection tests and all fine.  I asked for Vagifem and take this everyday and have been for about 3 months but so far no difference. 

Also have problems with leaking so have to wear a pad from the evening time.  Haven't had kids. 

Basically, I've been living with this for ages but really sick of it now.

I'm a bit nervous as not keen on having an internal examination!

Artmouse

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 11:32:22 AM »

Thanks you Shropshire Lass, just saw your reply after I posted mine.  That's interesting, I'm really a wimp about these things too, have had some very painful smear tests in the past!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 11:37:47 AM »

Vagifem is a really small amount.  Have you tried two doses at once, several times a week?  Maybe ask for 'ovestin' instead?  After 3 months you should have noticed a difference in symptoms.

I take pain relief when symptoms are bothersome.

Joaniepat

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 12:11:19 PM »

At night I have to get up to pee anything from 3 to 8 times, it's really awful :(  My bladder also hurts, usually more at night, it feels constantly irritated. 

I do go in the day a bit too much but night is the real problem.  Have had a bladder ultrasound and infection tests and all fine.  I asked for Vagifem and take this everyday and have been for about 3 months but so far no difference. 

Also have problems with leaking so have to wear a pad from the evening time.  Haven't had kids. 

Basically, I've been living with this for ages but really sick of it now.

I'm a bit nervous as not keen on having an internal examination!
Have a look at the Chronic Urinary Tract Infection Campaign website, www.cutic.co.uk. Here you will find, in the section for patients, information about how the current testing for UTIs on the NHS is inadequate. You might have an embedded infection. (Wouldn't be surprised if I have!)

JP x

Artmouse

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 12:48:22 PM »

Birdy - thanks, that's so reassuring.  Did you have to go a few times?  I'm thinking of trying to find one privately as cannot even get a GP appointment for another month let alone a referral.

Joanipat - yes, I wondered about that, thanks for the link, omg

Artmouse

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2020, 02:55:41 PM »

I've plucked up my nerve and emailed a local women's physio near where I work :)  Hope they can help! 

Joaniepat

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 03:08:47 PM »

Good luck Artmouse! :great:

Artmouse

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2020, 03:30:57 PM »

:) Thanks, will report back x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2020, 07:53:51 PM »

Thanks you Shropshire Lass, just saw your reply after I posted mine.  That's interesting, I'm really a wimp about these things too, have had some very painful smear tests in the past!

Nothing like a smear, don't worry. I am really phobic about such things and I'm not atall worried about my follow up appointment