Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: everol patch  (Read 2251 times)

Sammiejane

everol patch
« on: February 17, 2020, 06:33:58 PM »

hi ladies

how have you found everol patch for VA and weight gain and hair loss

Katejo

Re: everol patch
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 07:15:49 PM »

hi ladies

how have you found everol patch for VA and weight gain and hair loss
It has worked well for VA. Weight ok and no hair loss at all for me but my hair has always been thick and fast growing.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 07:34:12 PM »

I've had no problems with VA, no weight gain & no hair loss

Sammiejane

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 10:15:48 PM »

katejo and yorkshire lass

are you on everol only patch ? or do u take a progesterone ?

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 11:04:07 PM »

No. Evorel Conti which includes progesterone.

Sammiejane

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 12:35:54 AM »

ahh i see

that's good no hairloss cause i know the progesterone in everol conti is testosterone derived x

i meant everol only patch sorry x

Sparkler

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 07:35:55 AM »

I am on evorel 50 plus utrogestan for 12 days out of 28. I didn't think I suffered with VA but irritable bladder and constipation have both improved since starting hrt.

Weight- well I have been overweight for years. It doesn't feel like more of a problem.

Definitely no hair loss.

Sparkler
X

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 08:55:05 AM »

Sammiejane - I have already said on previous threads, that all the HRT patches contain the active ingredient estradiol and the only difference between them essentially is their size and therefore how much you absorb into your body. Therefore any different effects will be related to this (ie leading to different levels depending on your skin etc). The only criteria for choosing a patch is how well it sticks to you and how you feel on it - and then adjust according to the dose you need. Really if you want to use patches I would go for whichever one has the most reliable stickability and supply (given current issues).

Hurdity x

Sammiejane

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 01:03:12 PM »

hi hurdity

why do different women have different side effects then on different patches is this down to the obsorbtion x

i?m currently using gel and utrogestan and applying gel to my arms been on it 11 days now but i've noticed that i?m dryer down stairs and my bladder is irritated i know this is the progesterone effects but wondering whether i need to increase to 3 pumps gel or would it be better to change to a patch ?

i know it sounds strange but since applying gel to arms i feel very top heavy chest arms but have no bloating in stomach which i got when i applied to my thighs but then i guess progesterone could be helping with this x

jaycee

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2020, 01:58:04 PM »

Evoral Conti made my hair loss even worse, very quickly, and my daughter lost hair on it too, but i wish it hadn't because it did seem to give me more energy
I did have a very upset stomach on it though for several days

Sammiejane

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 02:39:14 PM »

hi jaycee

i?m wondering to swap the gel over to a patch as i have everol in the cuboard and stick with utro

i?m feeling ok in gel and utrogestan just that my vagina is dryer and i use ovestin twice a week which irritates my bladder so wondering shall i up to 3 pumps but i use on my arms and this will mean putting. a pump on thighs to which gave me bad bloating and terrible aniexty on 3 pumps but have only been using this regime for 12 days
hairloss is remaining same as off hrt which is good but time will tell x lol

Dotty

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2020, 02:54:15 PM »

Sammiejane you can put 3 pumps on yr arms. X

Sammiejane

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2020, 03:14:49 PM »

hi dotty

i know huni it's just my arms feel heavy using the gel this way slightly swollen they look fatter maybe but otherwise so far gel and utrogestan suiting me and my boobs are now starting to become fuller not painful just heavy so not sure if another pump would be to much .

the other thing is flushes used to be controlled by 2 pumps gel however since adding in progesterone i?m still getting the odd one or two

this was why i was asking maybe patch would be better as in waist so hopefully it would target waist area first before circulating around the body i may be woffling rubbish here x lol 😆

the only reason i've added in progesterone is to stabilize my mood help hairloss and bloating and possible weight gain caused by estrogen on its own x

re hairloss time will tell due to 3 month cycle so at the moment i guess it's reacting to being off hrt ie next to none shedding x

Hurdity

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2020, 03:42:04 PM »

Evoral Conti made my hair loss even worse, very quickly, and my daughter lost hair on it too, but i wish it hadn't because it did seem to give me more energy
I did have a very upset stomach on it though for several days

Hi jaycee - we're talking about oestrogen only patches. Yes the combi ones will have different side effects due to the different progestogens, but that's not at issue...

hi hurdity

why do different women have different side effects then on different patches is this down to the obsorbtion x

i?m currently using gel and utrogestan and applying gel to my arms been on it 11 days now but i've noticed that i?m dryer down stairs and my bladder is irritated i know this is the progesterone effects but wondering whether i need to increase to 3 pumps gel or would it be better to change to a patch ?

i know it sounds strange but since applying gel to arms i feel very top heavy chest arms but have no bloating in stomach which i got when i applied to my thighs but then i guess progesterone could be helping with this x

Yes any differences likely due to absorption ie how much estradiol you get in your body.

this was why i was asking maybe patch would be better as in waist so hopefully it would target waist area first before circulating around the body i may be woffling rubbish here x lol 😆

Well I wouldn't dream of syaing anything like that sammiejane - but no - the site of application will not target a particular area and act on it in the way you are describing - well I'm not sure what you mean re target the waist area?. There is a concentration gradient away from the application site which goes through the skin into the bloodstream so it may be more concentrated immediately around the application site but is rapidly transported away. It may be transported laterally through the skin too but I don't think there is any evidence about this nor any effect on arms legs, etc - the effect on boobs is due to the systemic effect not the surface effect  on the skin - although the advice is not to apply on or close to boobs due to the higher concentrations in the blood close to the application site.

Some women find flushes increase on progesterone  - those on cyclical HRT sometimes find they need to increase their oestrogen dose during the combi phase - ie the progesterone sometimes reduces the beneficial effect of the oestrogen.

Good luck.

Hurdity x

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2020, 04:43:51 PM »

Everol only
Pages: [1] 2