Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Combining intrarosa and colpotrofin  (Read 761 times)

Otter15

Combining intrarosa and colpotrofin
« on: February 17, 2020, 03:07:44 PM »

Hello all

Saw the gynaecologist on Friday, a different one. She told me I shouldn't be using the cream prescribed by the previous one and gave me intrarosa. I wanted to try that as people have been generally positive and, as I'm always struggling with this VA, it would be good to give it a try.

She did a TRansvag scan and told me my ovaries are so atrophied she couldn't really see them and my uterus has shrunk to 'very small'. Does that mean much? She's sending me for other scans.

I'm now using the intrarosa, which so far is pleasant because it's oily but it's obviously weaker as you use it every day for six weeks then five days a week. The problem is I'm really feeling the effect of a lower dose now. Alternate days on ovestin/colpotrofin wasn't really enough so less is noticeable.

My question is, can I use both intrarosa and my cream for a few days until the intrarosa starts to work? One is DHEA and one estriol so I don't know about combining them like you could Vagifem and ovestin.

Whatsupwiththis

Re: Combining intrarosa and colpotrofin
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 03:25:08 PM »

Hi Otter...is there a reason you can't use Vagifem plus estrogen cream?  I've heard good reviews about Intrarosa but like you said, it is much weaker.  Some women found Intrarosa not strong enough for their needs.  I would be very interested to find out how you get on with it.  I use vagifem internally DAILY and cream every other night but am always searching for something more soothing and more effective.  Good luck.

Otter15

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 05:03:00 PM »

Hi whatsup

Vagifem didn't help but ovestin I found better but only if I used most nights. I got a lot of irritation with them though the day after.

Th intrarosa is definitely more soothing. I'll give it the six weeks then see.

Has anybody else been using it a while?

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 05:16:19 PM »

I believe Kilted Cupid started a thread on Intrarosa.  Haven't seen her post in awhile so let's hope she is doing well on it and doesn't need us anymore.