Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: inappropriately prescribed antidepressants  (Read 1903 times)

crosscat

Re: inappropriately prescribed antidepressants
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2020, 10:58:53 PM »

HI! I've had the patches now for almost three months. I've got my life back basically. My vasomotor symptoms were so severe I'm not getting full control of those but they are at a level now I can deal with. Palpitations have stopped. When I saw the clinical practice manager today she said that they, as a practice, had absolutely no idea you could buy Evorel range patches online. So I suggested that perhaps rather than letting women like me leave consultations feeling utterly abandoned and desolute, they could perhaps tell them that they do have this option. I thought there may have been a bit of "ohh no we couldnt suggest patients buy online" for safety reasons- but no, it was pure ignorance! Now they know this is a safe albeit expensive option they will have no hesitation in recommending this rather than let women leave feeling that there is no hope.
There are however conflicting messages flying around regarding the Evorel range. One, that my GP manager accessed today, says everything in the range that is transdermal such as conti and sequi are now permenantly discontinued due to severe supply issues. However this is contrary to the  British Menopause Society information as of last week which still says Evorel sequi patches will be avilabale at the end of March. So which is correct? The last thing we need now is conflicting information between that given to GP's  and what is published on the BMS website -because one or the other is then is given to us. I think we could use some clarity on this- if Evorel products are not going to be manufactured any more than surely that's going to cause chaos- it'll affect Europe as well as the UK. I suspect my GP's information is wrong - or rather I hope so. Does anyone have any more reliable info?
xx Crosscat

GFmom

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2020, 01:22:29 PM »

I contacted manufacturer direct and they confirmed availability at end of March

sheila99

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2020, 05:01:39 PM »

Evorel isn't the only option. I've had no problems with oestrogel/utrogeston. If you don't want to buy online perhaps ask your pharmacy what they can get hold of then get a prescription for that. Not entirely sure but I think if the prescription says oestrodial it gives the pharmacy the option to give you what they can get.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2020, 05:26:36 PM »

:medal:  I am so proud of you!

Next step  ;) - get hold of some leaflets 'me and my menopausal vagina' to hand out when you go to the Practice ....... one of our Members wrote a book about her awful journey regarding vaginal atrophy  ;) so that as many of us can spread the information.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2020, 05:28:32 PM »

So BMS information still isn't getting through is it! 

crosscat

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2020, 10:26:56 PM »

Hi everyone- thanks for all of this, its so reassuring. And thank you CKLD. Shiela 99 I had thought of the estrogel utrogeston combo but they (the GP's) wouldnt do that. No reason given. However, this is very reassuring news: I called Themadex to get some clarity. Their phone no pops up if you google them. You can get through to a real person who actually knows something! (this is a flippin first), I swear I may have hallucinated a flying pig passing my living room window but no, its true. Evorel Conti has been back in stock since the 14th (aww how sweet of them to have considered Valentines day!) and Sequi is definitely on schedule for a return to supply on March 20th. So I emailed my GP with this happy news so the practice can be  updated - I have no idea where they got the 'permenantly discontinued' message from but it is not correct nor has it ever been. This is a rather large error!
So anyway, I do have a script that I can wave at a willing pharmacist who has a stock when I need it. The irony is that by the time I can get sequi on prescription, I'll need conti instead and that's available now. Oh you have to laugh.  ;D or  :'(
Pages: 1 [2]