Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 51 and lost  (Read 2172 times)

JJ51

51 and lost
« on: February 03, 2020, 09:30:09 AM »

Hi, 51 pre menopausal...
Last week I just broke down in tears at work, previously crying at least once a month, I put it down to dark nights, stress at work. Saw my GP and now on 50 setraline been off work over a week, setraline stopped me crying, but had setraline sweats n break through crying. Got Doctors Thursday, covered by med cert till then. I have never lost myself like this, periods are very light but frequent. I have a good man who has hugged me through. Just lost. Reassure me that, things get better. Thyroid thyroxine will need to be increased following a blood test, I want to stop on setraline to get back to work.. Help?
Previously on Hrt but came off it in the summer I was fine. Will ask GP if can be on setraline thyroxine and HRT. Im sure will get sorted..thank god for my free prescriptions due to hypothyroidism.Thanks in advance 💛
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 02:24:32 PM by JJ51 »

MicheleMaBelle

Re: 51 and lost
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 09:40:44 AM »

Sounds hormonal. You should have been offered HRT rather than an antidepressant. Also could be a combination of time of year and thyroid medication dose not being right but I suspect it's more to do with menopause rather than anything else.
Read up on the treatment options and go back to your doc if you're still not feeling right x

christinedownsouth

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 09:50:37 AM »

Hi, I am sorry to hear this. I agree with the other response, HRT does help with the emotional side of things. My symptoms are more physical but my colleague who is the same age as you was on an emotional rollercoaster, partly because she was adapting to life back in the UK after living abroad for many years. She was put onto HRT patches rather then anti-depressants and they have made a massive difference, she is now on an even keel. You may want to consider this :)

JJ51

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 12:16:43 PM »

Thank you ladies for your support, HRT then...👍

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 01:30:56 PM »

Continue with the 'setraline' - decide which symptom you would like to ease first.  Put it into the search box and see what advice pops up.  Make notes  ;)

HRT can take a time to find something that might work.  Some find it useful to keep a mood/symptom/food diary.  Let us know how you get on!

JJ51

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 02:27:06 PM »

Thanks ladies.. Sounds like Im a work in progress. ⚠🚦🙍🙎👰👍👍👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 03:09:35 PM »

Aren't we all  ::)

You'll fit right in.  We have a funny room too  ;)

JJ51

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 03:51:53 PM »

Yep... And Ive been Funny/weird like a clown for years.. :D...

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 03:55:31 PM »

Did you see Harrison on 'the greatest dancer' last week  :o  :D

Penelope

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 08:05:21 PM »

Hi JJ51 sounds like thyroid to me.Maybe time for you to ask for a thyroid antibodies test that will tell you if you have Hashimoto's or Graves? disease.HRT works really well for thyroid so now you have been off it for awhile the symptoms can be creeping in again.Worth a try.

JJ51

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 06:26:13 PM »

Pleased to say Setraline has calmed me... Thyroxine is now at correct level as per blood test...still felt something missing so...depending on availability Sequi or Conti... Hope to be more Me... Only 51 looks like on the Crazy train back to work 12th Feb.
Take care ladies...Im in the buffet car of the crazy train...if you want me.
 :-* :o ::)

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 06:29:42 PM »

Put Kettle on JJ51 - Blk T 2 sugars ;-)

Keep posting!

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2020, 01:09:28 PM »

........ and BREATH!

Take in a list of your symptoms and how they affect you.  Do you have a Line Manager/Union Rep.?

Explain that you are aware that menopause affects women in many ways and that you may require support as this is a learning curve for most of us. Ask for a copy of any info that the Company has regarding women in the work place relative to menopause support.

Ask how often others have noted that you aren't up to scratch and how will they be able to help?  I tend to shut off when tired and certainly wouldn't be able to do the work I did in the 1980s.

I don't know your skill bases you have but perhaps prepare your CV to remind you what you can do.  Let us know how you get on.  I don't think you can be sacked as such, there has to be a period of consultation and support. 

JJ51

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2020, 01:16:26 PM »

Yep joined the Union... gotta put my big girl pants on...see what happens Monday.. done my CV..  ::)
Thanks for your help.
It's just so unlike Me lol or what used to be Me. :-* ;Dxx

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2020, 01:21:48 PM »

It's The Change - does what it says on the tin and catches many a Big Girl - with or without the pants - by surprise  ;)

Brain fog is awful.  This morning I couldn't throw two words together, fortunately my friend knows me well enough and was able to interpret  ;D.  I wanted a mug of hot water and a tea-bag separately - how hard should that be!
Pages: [1] 2